Binging and over eating on the holidays!

Options
admartin82
admartin82 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
My main problem is binge and overeating, it really hits hard around the holidays. This weekend wasn't as bad as normal, but it was still rough. The toughest part is getting back on track. I'm 3 days into the week and haven't been to the gym and probably have consumed more calories in the past 3 days than I did all of last week (Monday-Friday). What are some ways that you guys control your eating during holidays and if you do fall off for a bit, how do you get back on track????

Replies

• alina9944
    alina9944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't wait until dinner time, have a good breakfast with protein, do your workout if you can, and try to eat only veggies and lean protein, and of course the treat is my red wine
  • alina9944
    alina9944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Veggies and protein for dinner...that really helps me at least to get full without overeating. I have learn for my self, if I start eating any carbs/starches I can't stop!!
  • jlabraescudero
    jlabraescudero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Similar situation as OP. Way I personally take it is to just do it one day at a time. Yes, over the weekend I went over my calorie goal. But don't beat yourself up over it. That day is past, you can only concentrate on the present and don't worry about the future, it will be the present soon enough and you can worry about it then. Just concentrate on staying within your goals for TODAY and tomorrow do the same thing and the day after etc. That's really the only way I can recommend getting back on track.
    As far as working out goes, just remember why you are doing it, find the reason that motivates you. Where I'm at it rained during the morning and was damp and humid for the rest of the day. I really did not want to go work out. But I did, because its just about today. I think to myself "I'll regret not having gone. But I'd much rather just sit at my PC." So I make a compromise. Go, workout, and afterwards I can get on here while feeling good about it.
    So I guess the way I handle it is don't stress the past, you can't change it. Take proactive action for the present and occupy yourself with that. And don't sweat about tomorrow, it'll come soon enough.
    Stay strong and meet your goals.
  • admartin82
    admartin82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support!!! Getting back in the gym today, or at least trying to.