What is your favourite dish cooked by your mom?

Options
2»

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My mom is also a terrible cook. BUT my dad's best meal are his lasagna, boerenkool, nasi or bami goreng :love:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My mom makes great ham pot pie. I just won't make it since I find making the noodles tedious.
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hands down.. Meatloaf!!! Of course now that I live on my own any home cooked meal from mom and dad's house is becoming a favorite. :)
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fried pork chops & stewed tomatoes, okra & rice. Yum!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Gotta be mum's veal schnitzel or her beef stroganoff or her lamb roast. Mmmmm meeeeeat. Basically anything involving expensive meat I can no longer afford on the other side of the world. Ohhhh why am I so broke! hahaha
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Rice pudding, baklava and yaprak sarma (grape leaves stuffed with rice and meat)
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Turkish pie (Borek), pilaf and kofta
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hamburger Gravy over boiled potatoes...or chips (french fries) deep fried in her million year old, lard and bacon grease filled chip pan!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Dinaguan-meat and/or offal (typically lungs, kidneys, intestines, ears, heart and snout) simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili (most often siling mahaba), and vinegar

Of course with white rice too.

Dinuguan-Laman-Loob_zpsxcpeifnk.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Dinaguan-meat and/or offal (typically lungs, kidneys, intestines, ears, heart and snout) simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili (most often siling mahaba), and vinegar

Of course with white rice too.
    Description of that is SO sick
    Looks not bad :unamused:

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Grandmother then Moms... Moma'lega te'cona also pla'cheta. spelling unknown.
    Old family recipes...I thinks from Romania.
    chicken, gravy, with corn meal... the other a fried bread stuffed with cheese.
    Now I am craving it!!!
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Her meatloaf is really good.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Beef stroganoff
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Beef stroganoff and she has a wildly popular carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Her tortillas
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My Mom didn't have any great dishes. She struggled to feed 7 at poverty level. Several times a week we ate Potato Soup. Once or twice a week it was canned Salmon. Her meatloaf, which was served often, contained more saltines and Catsup than actual ground beef.

I have to say, though, that I have fond memories of dessert. Mom would spread margarine on a piece of white bread and then sprinkle sugar on it.

It may sound like I am complaining. I am not. I remember dinner as a family fondly. My Mom did what she could with what she had and supplemented that with a lot of love.

I wish I could sit down to dinner with her now.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    <3^^^^^^ <3