Texas girl needs to lose 100lbs!

Options
Hello everyone!
My name is Courtney, I currently live in the BEAUTIFUL Austin, TX.
I am 27 years old and have struggled with my weight my entire life.
I am currently 100lbs from my goal weight. I would love new friends and suggestions or helpful tips while on my journey!

Don't be shy! Say Hello!! :)

Replies

• purpletaco1947
    purpletaco1947 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My gf is trying to lose 100lbs aswell, she just got me to join
  • skinnyagain23
    skinnyagain23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to loose around 75, a bit more would be nice :) I am in my 50's and my weight has rollercoastered over the years. I need to get my butt in gear though. I'm tired of dragging all this weight around! We can do this! Other's feel free to add me (females only, thanks). I live in the Midwest.
  • courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm more determined I have ever been now.
    being only 27 I have so much time ahead of me in life and I just need to get this weight off now.
    I do not hate myself the way I am, but I know I could be much happier and healthier under 200lbs. I am currently 305.
  • intelliblue2000
    Options
    HI, I used to live in Austin too, it is a beautiful place. I think if you lose 1-2 pounds a week, consistently, you can get to your goal this time next year. They said that initially weight loss is faster, then it slows a bit. Good luck!
  • sabrinalina
    Options
    Hi I'm from the Katy area near Houston. 17! maintaining my weight at 128 lbs and I love to weightlift. My goal is to bench press a max of 115 (35 lbs on each side) by the end of this June and be able to do 7 pull-ups unassisted. I can do 4-5 ! :) I used to be 180 at age 13 so I hope you reach your goal!
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney. I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The great thing about Austin (besides being gorgeous) is all the places you can walk and opportunities to be active. There is ALWAYS something going on in Austin! And with the nice weather finally coming to Texas, your timing is excellent. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to lend support as you embark on this journey.
  • alexandriampratt
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! :) Time and patience, work hard and get results. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help keep each other motivated. I have 20lbs to my goal but then staying at that weight will be the hardest part for me.
  • Michaelacdavis
    Michaelacdavis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I have similar goals! I am starting around 295ish (I've already lost a few pounds) which is the biggest I've even been, and I'm trying to get down to 200. That's my first goal. Once we get there, I'll set a new one! I'm from Texas as well though! Good luck and add me! We'll kick our Butts together!
  • TeresaLouise2
    Options
    Add me! I'm 50 and need to lose 65+. I joined OrangeTheory Fitness and love it! It's really motivating me to stay on track. I work really hard for an hour and it makes me think about what i'm about to eat. I'm in Houston - not too far from you! Anyone else want to add me - please do - I could use a few friends that are in the same boat!
  • rdbartle1958
    Options
    Hi...Bob from Dallas...slow and steady is the secret. I went from 284 down to 195 in about 18 months AND have managed to keep it off for the last 6 months. If I can help anyone with tips or hints, please let me know. Good luck!
  • courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am all about slow and steady! I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary solution.
    My biggest issue I think I have is with working out. I have literally no idea what to do or where to start. I have been walking around 30 min every night, but I start going to the gym this week and I'm at a loss.
  • lyndsmer
    lyndsmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in Katy. I have 100 to go, too. I'm adding you :)
  • MadMc28
    MadMc28 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You got this girl!!!
  • terpstje
    terpstje Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Round rock checking in
  • allyangelrose
    allyangelrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the College Station area. I have lost 100 lbs and still wanting to lose another 60-80 lbs. Feel free to add me! :)
  • MarlowJo13
    MarlowJo13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Courtney! I'm Marlow! I've currently lost 113lbs and have about 30-40 more I'd like to lose. The best advice I can give you as cheesy as it is, is just to never give up. Even those days that you feel like it's not worth it or you feel like quitting just pull through and do it because it is so worth it in the end!
  • jpp3184
    jpp3184 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck stay strong. We will get this done together
  • ProudVetMom
    ProudVetMom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me an invite. I need to loose a lot of weight too.