Does anyone do protein shakes as a meal replacment?

Options
13»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Twice a day every day 30 grams
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I do once or twice a week when I have to be at a client's office all day and don't want to stink up their office with an egg salad sandwich or whatever. It's less obtrusive and fills me up.
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ONLY on the weekend if Im too busy to make something and am about to go grocery shopping for the week. I never let myself go hungry while shopping or skip a meal. I use Muscletech premium whey protein vanilla, I have gone 4 hours without getting hungry. I use 10oz of 2% milk too. I get a huge bag at Sams Club. 20g protein in just one scoop.
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh it tastes like cake to me.. which is a PLUS lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i have done it a few times wen in a pinch and then like two hours later I am starving…

just eat real food and maintain a deficit that way, you will be happier and not a starving pain in the rear...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use gen tech pro lean meal replacement shake. 28g protein and $80 for 1.2kg. Lasts me a little over a month.
  • Mynx73
    Mynx73 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    megkarson wrote: »
    For cheap, we use cooked plain lentils in our smoothies. 1 cup has 18g of protein and lots of fiber. They are very neutral tasting and you can blend them with water, ice, banana, cinnamon and sweetner. It's a little bit of an acquired taste/texture, but once you realize how nutritious it is for you, it's easy to drink down. And lentils are really good for you and cheap!!! We cook them in our rice cooker in a two cups water to one cup lentil ratio and store them in the fridge for up to five days. You can also add them into salads and soups for extra protein and fiber. It's worth trying. Enjoy!

I really like the sound of this one... Unfortunate they too high in carbs for me :(

We do the LCHF diet and I'll often have a shake for my breakfast. It's high calorie, but will keep you full for hours and can get away with a nice light lunch. I use 100ml full fat cream, 50g Coconut Oil, 40g Peanut Butter, 1/2 Scoop (15g) Ultimate Nutrition Gold Standard protein powder, 1Tbs (15g) cocoa powder, 500ml rain water.

You can get better macros (specifically lower carbs) by leaving out the peanut butter, but I like the taste it ads :)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like to use Greek yogurt in place of protein powder. The fat free stuff is almost pure protein (I usually use 2%).