Just frustrated with myself

Options
KMC55
KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
I am just getting frustrated with myself. I know I can lose the weight and know how I should be eating but temptations are just everywhere and so difficult to say no to it. I am so mad at myself that I am slowly creeping up the scale again. My pants are getting tight and I HATE it. I know that no matter what the food is, being comfortable in my own skin matters so much more. I can do this. I'm getting the house cleaned out this week so that I can start fresh next week and do it the way I am suppose to. One week, one day, one hour at a time. I know I will feel better once I start losing the weight again. I just need to remember to put in the work and stay focused on what to eat and get my exercise in. Part of that is continuing to blog to get my thoughts out and in order.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why not work those 'temptations' into your calorie goal? You don't have to suffer or feel like it's bad to have those things. Everything in moderation.
  • kayylaaaaa
    kayylaaaaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was at my goal weight for a good six months then tasty things started to find their way into my mouth more frequently. I gained 20 lbs back in no time! It's a shame weight gains faster than it's lost. But that just means once we lose the weight, we'll appreciate it more. Just stay focused and don't dwell to much on what happened. Just think about how good you'll feel in the future if you just keep at it!
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Why not work those 'temptations' into your calorie goal? You don't have to suffer or feel like it's bad to have those things. Everything in moderation.

I wish it were that easy, even when I try to budget the "treats" in I still can't seem stop myself with whatever I budgeted in. I think it may have to do with a sugar addiction and once I have some I just want more and more. I need to just build my "moderation strength" so I an have some and be done.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know it is difficult, but doing a sugar cleanse REALLY helped me. I avoided all processed sugar from my diet for a period of 3 weeks to start this. I was a sugar junkie and now I make sure that I don't bring the food into the house that would tempt me. At this point I am able to enjoy a small piece of something (chocolate, ice cream, cake, etc) and not feel bad about it. I always log the calories for it and I eat it really slow to be able to satisfy my taste buds. Good luck to you. It's a battle, but only against yourself. You can do it!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    KMC55 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I wish it were that easy, even when I try to budget the "treats" in I still can't seem stop myself with whatever I budgeted in. I think it may have to do with a sugar addiction and once I have some I just want more and more. I need to just build my "moderation strength" so I an have some and be done.

Hey there!

For what it's worth, I think moderation works well for some people, and not well for others. Different personalities react differently, and different bodies work differently. I also think it changes over time.

For me, I find some foods so triggering that is easier to simply avoid them for the most part. If that's where you are with sweet treats, then you may find it easier to draw a bright line and say "that's not something I eat," at least for now. So, don't be mad at yourself for not having better "moderation strength." Look for ways to set your environment up (socially, physically) so that you can win without it being a heroic effort.

Whatever you decide, MFP is a great tool to use! Keeping track of what you eat can help you notice what you are eating, and how much, so that you can look for patterns.

Good luck! Keep at it, and you will find the path that works for you!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Austin is correct. Tiny steps for tiny feet. Learning how to manage ourselves with food might take you 2-5 years. This 21 day thing to change a habit is a bunch of happy horse$&!# It that were true there would be no such thing as rebound weight gain with friends.

It does not happen overnight so know that going in. Stay the course and keep going. Constant stops and starts prevent the progress that needs to happen to get there and arrive at your dream weight.