serious water retention will not go away

Options
2»

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You retain 10lbs of water?! Holy *kitten*! That sucks!

Yeah, I don't know what caused it, but since it was at the same period I was trying out creatine I guess that was what caused it... When I stopped it first pooled in the abdomen and ankles, later in the feet. My legs felt really stiff but they never hurt. Then, maybe a week later, I started loosing it all. Had to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes, kind of embarassing but I just could not hold it. Also at night it was hard to catch some sleep, having to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes or so.

This lasted I believe 1.5 week. At the end of that I had lost 6.5 liters water. I was so worried, especially after having tried to find any cause online, where I only found that rapid weight loss is one of the signs for the big C! Also, my heart rate was super slow.

So I decided to do a full check up at the hospital, where they gave me an atropine shot to see if there was anything wrong with my heart. But everything was okay. The cause is still a riddle. Not 100% sure if it was the creatine, but better to be safe than sorry. Never such adventure again.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I can easily go up anywhere up like 6 pounds and it takes up to 10 days to go back down. Normally it is around 3 pounds but still take 5 days. Bread is what does it for me.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    An effective natural diuretic is parsley. Put some on your salad, steep it in hot water as a tea or just eat some plain.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am going to suggest going to the American Kidney Foundation and looking at their diet plans. They are actually very LOW in potassium and have other things I wouldn't have suspected.

It won't make you lose water (the parsley and pineapple will), but it will make it easier for your kidney's to function well.
  • millaxoxo
    millaxoxo Posts: 30
    Options
    how much pineapple?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    You retain 10lbs of water?! Holy *kitten*! That sucks!
    I retained 10 pounds of water during my pregnancy. It was awful. And I lost it all, in one day, about 5 days after giving birth.

Ever since my pregnancy, about twice a year I have water retention problems. My doctor could never tell me why because my diet was fairly consistent.

Good luck OP.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am going through this right now. Yesterday I decided to try the Jillian Michaels water/lemon/cranberry/dandelion tea solution to see how it works. Drank it and more yesterday and well, let me give it more time. I think I consumed more than peed....