Other ways to take protein powder

Options
I've been trying to get more protein in my diet and drinking two shakes a day. I don't eat alot of meat, fish chicken etc. I've been doing this for a week and I can't face another one. What else can I mix protein powder with instead of drinking it? I have chocolate flavour.

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, yogurt, pancake batter.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt, pancake or waffle mix, with cereal, snorting it (don't actually).
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with greek yogurt, nuts & berries, coconut, whatever add-ins I feel like.
  • TheTortoiseWins
    TheTortoiseWins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Blended with frozen greek yogurt or similar ice cream treat with a tsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder for a quasi-milkshake. In addition to everyone else's suggestions, it's also good in overnight oats.
  • marysamezz
    marysamezz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it's bad that my first thought was snorting it...ANYWAY....i love putting it in smoothies with some fruit, water, and greek yogurt. There are also recipes for protein pancakes i've yet to make those yet though. Good luck!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like to make Tazo chai tea and use vanilla protein powder in it. Makes it all creamy yummy chai!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    I like to make Tazo chai tea and use vanilla protein powder in it. Makes it all creamy yummy chai!

Omg this actually sounds yummy! Gotta try that :) Nice way to sneak in some extra protein!
  • mrsnightengale
    mrsnightengale Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mix it in oatmeal, pancake mix, yogurt, etc. Pretty much just experiment with it and you'll find what works best for you.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just snort it. But I kind of live on the edge you know.
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I make protein hot chocolate

1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, scoop of vanilla bean protein. I use a milk frother thingie to mix it up. Then when I put the hot water on it actually tastes quite decadent. Now my mugs are huge and with chocolate protein you wouldn't need as much cocoa.

So far everyone who has tried has no clue it's actually a protein drink.

I also take berries, chia seeds, protein, almond granola (1/2 serving) with plain Greek yogurt. Delish!! Is around 350-400 calories

My oatmeal is a mix of oats and flax. I add protein and raisins and sometimes a bit of brown sugar with some almond milk.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »

Omg this actually sounds yummy! Gotta try that :) Nice way to sneak in some extra protein!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I 'kinda' like chai tea, but with the vanilla powder in it, I have no doubt I'll really like it! Wonder why I never thought of that one. I use it in coffee occasionally....why not tea?!? :D
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I just snort it. But I kind of live on the edge you know.

Go hard or go home, that's how you do it.

Seriously though, I put it in yogurt with some berries and freeze it. And I make these awesome pancakes with a scoop of protein powder, one egg, and 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin...they cook up just like real pancakes.