BodyMedia Fit

Options
missyrobb
missyrobb Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Is anyone else using a BodyMedia Fit Band?

I have the link version and I am noticing a discrepancy.
My band is collecting data live and transmitting it to my phone. I will check it and it will show X calories and sometimes show X minutes of moderate activity. When I upload the data the calories are reduced and the moderate activity goes to zero.

I don't understand why the data that was collected changes when I click upload. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone explain? The data is what the data is, I am just confused on why it would change.

Below are two screenshots to show what I am talking about...You can see that the one is showing that I had 3 minutes of vigerous activity. After upload, zero... Calories changed too... :(

Thanks!

6eh1v8gmarnn.jpg

Replies

• Bubbleb
    Bubbleb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have notuced the exact same thing. Very confusing and discouraging :( From all of the research I have done bodymedia fit has the most accurate calorie burn of any activity tracker, so I was stoked to buy one at my local Walmart. Hope some one else can chime in. I will continue to scour google for an answer.
  • 4SarahReed
    4SarahReed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same difficulty with my information. It will show over 2 hours of moderate/vigorous activity prior to the sync, and then it decreases to 23 minutes after the sync. I spoke with a rep at bodymedia via e-mail and she indicates that there is something wrong with the algorithms they use to calculate the data. It has been almost 2 weeks since I first contacted them about the problem, but still no confirmation on it being corrected. I am super upset and disappointed because this is a device you have to pay for in order to get the data from the band. I complained and got another month added on to my account at no cost, but what good will another month do if it is not reading my information correctly from the get go?

I believe that the data that is initially collected during "live" time is correct, and somehow in the sync process it gets "lost". I have been using the workout program on the app to better determine what type of activity/burn I am getting, at least for the times that I am actively working out.
  • AnemicSea
    AnemicSea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Having the same exact trouble! Though I notice when I'm using an elliptical machine, it will not record it as vigorous activity, even though I am sweating my tail off and using it at a good pace. It records it as "moderate." But later on during the day when I upload, it recalculates and puts some of it into vigorous. It makes it very hard to keep track of what type of activity I still need to plan for in order to meet my daily goal. Ugh. As you say... very disappointing since I'm paying for this.
  • monikalopez
    monikalopez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm not the only one! I just renewed my subscription after 7 or so months of not using it and I noticed it keeps doig that! I do insanity classes at the gym and my high intensity minutes get reduced to like 10 and my calories are practically cut in half after he upload. Rumor has it this company after being bought out by Jawbone is dying and nothing is being done to improve. If it's been buggy for over 4 months, time to cancel your subscription ladies. It's a shame! I just bought this two years ago. I loved this armband!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No one here is having trouble. That's how it's supposed to work. The live feed you see on your phone is an estimate. When you upload your dates, the BMF computers crunch it and give you the actual number, sometimes analyzing the activity and deciding that it was something different than what your device guessed it was.