How to add exercise? Yes I'm new.

I have 4 kids (one being a 6 month old) so it's hard to find time to workout but I found these really awesome 5 minute workout videos! I know I can find 5 minutes here and there throughout the day to get a bit of a workout in daily:) I did a five minute arm workout and a five minute butt/thigh workout today...what is the easiest way to add that in?

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Log under cardio, and choose circuit training or calisthenics. Actually, there is a "calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort" that seems to give a more conservative burn estimate. (At least for me, when I just tested the three options.) Going with the most conservative estimate is a good place to start. And I usually use "aerobics, low impact" if the video is one designed to keep the heart rate up the whole time.

Then just add your 5 minute increments as you do them!

And I think this is an awesome strategy that will get you tons of benefits, so don't get discouraged if you feel the calorie burn isn't very high, especially compared to others in your friend feed. It'll definitely help you get stronger, feel fitter, and lose less muscle as your weight drops.
  • hnw221
    hnw221 Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
    Awesome!! Thank you sooo much futuremanda!!!