Unexplained weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffysbabies012
    tiffysbabies012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope everything is fine i am gonna have her check it on Friday. Thanks for everyones input!! Sll runner what was wrong that caused surgery?
  • Missyjules1974
    Missyjules1974 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling in yourself? Not breathless or anything? If you're feeling short of breath at any point then go to the docs. If you wrote retaining water at that rate it would have swollen your ankles, fingers etc... Hope you get it sorted xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Are you being honest with yourself? If you've been low carbing for awhile and recently have been adding in carbs in decent amounts, then it's water and glycogen storage (which would easily explain the weight gain).
    When I used to compete and had the celebratory after competition meal (laced with carbs, fat and sodium), I easily gained 15lbs in ONE DAY.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I hope everything is fine i am gonna have her check it on Friday. Thanks for everyones input!! Sll runner what was wrong that caused surgery?
    It was water retention from a severe heart problem she was unaware of and she had to have emergency open heart surgery.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    1. If you're here asking for medical advice because you don't have time for the doctor, you should know that MFP or any internet forum is a poor substitute.
    2. Agree with everyone else, 16 pounds in one week is not normal. Make time for the doctor.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing the doctor this morning?
  • tiffysbabies012
    tiffysbabies012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The doctor called in fluid pills for me and i have lost most of the 16 lbs in just 2 days thanks for everyone's concern!
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What did the doctor say was wrong with you? Our bodies don't just do things randomly I wouldn't think. If you gained that much water do you know what it was?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    If you weigh all your solid food on a food scale ( not measure because that is not accurate in a long way) and you really ate 1400 calories a day.....then i would see a doctor asap.

The fact that you hold so much fluid can indicate that there is really something wrong.

I was holding so much fluid you wont believe ( lost 32 pounds the first month of my diet, so that should tell you how much water weight i had) All related to heart and kidneys.

So not giving any medical advice but just saying. Weigh ALL your food on a food scale to be accurate. And certainly see a doctor.

and here a short video that shows you what the difference between weighing and measuring your food can be. Hundreds of calories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY