appendectomy and recovery timetime

Options
Hey all just had this procedure done and was wondering how long it took anyone else who had it to get back to running and the gym..thanks!

Replies

• HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    Took me about 2 weeks to start running again...I think I babied it a little, but even then I was still a little sore!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What did your doctor recommend?
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I don't run but was back to the gym in a week.. can't remember the recommendation from doc but I'm stubborn so as long as I didn't hurt, I went. Hope you're feeling better
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    He actually was gone today ..so I have to call him on Monday..probably gonna be about two weeks..but everhones body is different and general health going into the proccedure plays a big part
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My experience was a different one. I was 6 months pregnant when I had to have it done. They had to do an exploratory surgery, because they had to make sure there was nothing wrong with the baby. They could not put stitches on the inside, or outside of my incision. So they closed it with paper stitches "butterfly stitches" and super glue. I had to stay 2 weeks in the hospital, and hold a pillow over my incision when I coughed, or moved. When I was sent home, I was on strict bed rest for 6 weeks. Of coarse you will do better, and I am sure you will be back at it soon! Take care of yourself.