Anybody using the Skulpt device?

Options
Just wondering how it is affecting your workouts, motivation, etc. Does it seem to align with what the scale and measuring tell you? If you're female, have you noticed different results based on where you are in your cycle?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I have an automatic distrust of any product that uses deliberate misspellings.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    EIM measuring? I know we have a unit in our rehab facility (professional grade) to measure trauma on muscle as well as if there's an atrophy issue, but didn't think about it being used to measure body fat % or muscle hypertrophy.
    May have to research this more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It's really cool from what I can tell. We signed on the kickstarter. I love, love the idea of being able to see how I am doing in keeping balance. Still really new though. Example, most people overtrain their biceps and the triceps suffer. With having done stronglifts and other compound lifts, via the Skuplt I did actually find out that my triceps have slightly outpaced my biceps and that my abs are amazing, but both of those areas are covered in fat (which, granted I can see, but still it made me feel like I'm accomplishing something even though I can't really see any improvements in aesthetics at this point. My calves though, look like a fit person's. Because of mobility issues and lack of full length mirrors, that's not something I can actually see. Still I find it encouraging.
    Thought I'd ask just so we can compare notes.

Anyone out there having battery issues, do the firmware update and it should resolve the issue.
  • OrangeMikey1
    OrangeMikey1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm not impressed so far it reads way too low for my actual body fat! Have you compared your results to other sources?

My skulpt has me 14 - 16% where as my body fat scales have me at 25% and the hand held device used in my gym has me at 30%. Judging by the photos online I really am more like 25 - 30% than 14 - 16%