Fighting severe morbid obesity

Options

Replies

• suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow and wow!! You have done amazing and you look healthier. Keep up the great work, every step is a step closer to your goals. I love seeing people's pictures, they truly tell the story of how hard you have worked. I think I need to say one more WOW!!
    Thank you all for the kind and uplifting responses. It really does make me feel better..... I am so positive about everything. For additional info for those who may have wondered. I have lost 24 inches since the first. I am going to attach 2 before pictures from the beginning of January and today. I am wearing the exact same clothes at both times. wbnl7ueg9p6v.jpg
    xi6fqsdxjlrm.jpg
    o692p2vmirvh.jpg
    k4hd4b5etvhh.jpg

• NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    pspenny36 wrote: »
    This is great motivation! You are awesome! I too, want to get to that running stage. Just not there yet. I have just started back up on keeping myself in check with eating. Someone did tell me about the couch to 5k is a good training tool to anyone into running. I am gonna try it, soon. hopefully. ;-)
    Thank you for your story!

I just finished week three of the couch to 5k. I used to hate running, even a few years ago at 20 pounds lighter I detested it. Recently I sprained my wrist badly which put a damper on my strength workout so I figured why not give it a go for a few weeks. It has been going great! I definitely credit squats, stepups and my overall circuit form of strength training with making it much more enjoyable this time around despite still being 205 pounds.

So even if you cannot start running yet, walking and bodyweight strength training definitely helps in the long run! I am going to keep with the program and eventually use it to alternate strength training and running days.

OP, you are doing a great job, keep it up!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your progress with us. You rock!!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mania wrote: »
    I've lost 126 lbs since the start of this year. I understand the struggles of being morbidly obese and what that entails when it comes to exercise. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support.

That's amazing! How different do you feel? Was this kinda fast or a good pace?

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Miss_Mania wrote: »
    I've lost 126 lbs since the start of this year. I understand the struggles of being morbidly obese and what that entails when it comes to exercise. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support.

That's amazing! How different do you feel? Was this kinda fast or a good pace?

It was my pace. I'm go hard or go home type - which is why I got as big as I was in the first place. I tried doing it at a slower pace many years, failed repeatedly. Some personalities I suppose just need to go in balls deep or never get anywhere lol. I'm just one of those people. I feel more energy, more enthusiastic, positive and confident. However, I haven't really changed as much as I thought I would. I haven't finished my journey yet and still have a way to go but I am slowly getting there

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Rockstar!!! Congrats on your progress. very inspirational.
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story! We all have struggles and it is so nice to have the support.
    You can do this!! Look how far you have come and like you said, you feel so much better. That should be motivation to continue this journey. It is not a race and will take time, but will be so worth it in the long run.

You are a young lady and have your whole life ahead of you!

I look forward to following your journey with you!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    *LIKE*

Why is here no like button. For times you have nothing to contribute but want to show encouragement.
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing and so inspirational! Great work! The only suggestion I could possibly give you is when you're feeling nervous scared that you'll fail, just say out loud to yourself, "I will not fail!" Otherwise, good luck on your already incredible journey!
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic! And that shirt is look pretty baggy now, when before it was very tight. :)
  • Treasureslide
    Treasureslide Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous I know so many "skinny folk" who look wayyyy less healthy than you. beaming. you are an inspiration and so brave. thanks for sharing.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Just updating everyone.... i have officially hit the -100 lb mark!!!!!! :):) HALLELUJAH! Ill try to post an updated picture soon!!!!

wow....keep up the great work!
  • Nanoo2013
    Nanoo2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing fantastic! I'm very happy for you!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You rock!
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • EmCoco1128
    EmCoco1128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Again, thank you everyone! It is months of good choices, zumba, water aerobics, spontaneous elliptical/bike sessions at the Y and walking my awesome dog! I love the feeling of the stamina Ive gained. I couldnt last more than 2 minutes on the elliptical before and now its so awesome to be doing 15 minutes or more!! I love it and the best part about it is that I can fit into clothes again here in stores... i had to buy some shorts this previous weekend and i actually found a pair i could wear! What joy I had :) Now here is to the next 100 lbs... (plus maybe 50 more!) And hoping to fit into a pair of jeans at Maurices.... it is the next goal :) i know i can do it. I find strength with each new day and battle my weaknesses. And of course indulging sometimes...( i am currently at a resort on vacation this week and i had a bavarian cream pastry square this morning... AHHH mazingly good!! ) :) but thank you everyone. Another update will come after the next few months!
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. "After" pictures are the best, aren't they? :) Keep making more!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Be sure to keep posting! Congratulations!!
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Just keep doing what you are doing :) maybe see if you can find some yummy recipes thay replicate favorite foods. We make an awesome and healthy homemade pizza and tasty and health breakfast sandwiches too. Good luck and keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to see you accomplish your goals