Help with understanding MFP and Fitbit HR, do I need to add workout?

OK. So I have the fitbit Charge HR and have the calorie adjustment on. When I go to MFP exercise area it just showed "Fitbit calorie adjustment 86". I know I burned more than that in my workout, it shows on FitBit dashboard.... so does that mean I have to manually add my workout to MFP everyday? Help me! :blush:

Replies

• LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Add all workouts to your fitbit (in the app or website) and food into Mfp. If everything is synched right, fitbit should tell mfp how many more calories you should eat based on what it estimates you will burn by the end of the day. If you have mfp set to active or a higher activity level, then you may get a smaller adjustment than if it's set to sedentary because of the difference in what calories you are allowed.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Keep in mind the Fitbit Calorie Adjustment is the difference between what MFP estimated you would burn and what Fitbit tracked your burn to be.

When I first got a Fitbit, I wasn't even meeting MFPs estimated burn for a Sedentary person. It took a workout just to reach that number. For this reason my adjustments were often negative or 0.

Also, the adjustments aren't set in stone until midnight. If you become more active during the rest of your day, your adjustment will likely increase. Like wise, if you become more sedentary than you could lose some of your adjustment.