why is the last 10 pounds the hardest

Options
i was able to lose 20 pounds pretty quickly but been struggling with the last 10 pounds for the past few months. this week i started doing meal replacement shakes (body by vi) and been going to the gym everyday. any suggestions or advice?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Same reason it seemed like it took forever to get to Grandma and Grampa's house when I was a child - Anticipation.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your intake with your 20lb loss?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You cannot maintain as big of a deficit at lower weights. There is less wiggle/room for error. It's a drag.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it per best practice guidelines then it is because you are in a smaller defict so instead of 2 pounds per week you should be at 1/2 pound a week. Obviously 10 lbs takes longer when you are going slower.

As your deficit gets smaller so does your margin for error in weighing and logging your food. So while 100 calories isnt going to show up easily at a 1000 calorie defict it will be easily noticeable in your weekly loss during those last 10 pounds and adds time to an already slower rate of loss.

If you are not losing at your planned rate the fault often lies in logging and weighing errors. Tighten up your program.