Options
2»

Replies

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    It does work, there is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

This guy is even more full of shi t than MargaretSobers.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been a big green tea drinker when I was at my heaviest and when I was at my lowest. You'll see no effect on your weight loss. Calories are far more important than any potential tiny boost in metabolism.

The only positive it will have is helping you drink more calorie-free fluids.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Lesa_Sass wrote: »

"May" is not a statement of fact... it is supposition. A lot of maybes in that link ... no studies linked ... nothing peer reviewed ... it lacks science.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    kaiyote88 wrote: »
    Is it true that Green tea helps boost your metabolism and it good to drink while trying to lose weight???

Nope. It's a myth. The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options

This guy is even more full of shi t than MargaretSobers.

But, he's a doctor so... :#
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It does work, there is a study about the perfect combination of green tee in order to loose weight, it's Jasmine pearl + sencha mixed by yourself. It boost metabolism, increases detox, increases the anti-angiogenesis (which makes your fatty tissue to dye or prevents its growth). That combined with lots of water, a healthy lifestyle and exercise is a deadly combination for fat. Once a day is OK, but if you want faster results take it right before exercise, before lunch and before going to sleep.

Nah, it's the calorie deficit that works. There are no magic properties in any type of tea, food, or anything else.

I can't believe how many people in this thread truly believe green tea is the cause of weight loss.

Think about it- if you're drinking green tea, or any other non-calorie drink, instead of eating, you're reducing your calorie consumption, leading to weight loss.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options

uh...
    you have to drink a TON of it to actually make it work....
    drinking one cup ain't going to do jack
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So the tea along with diet, healthy lifestyle and exercise increased weight loss, but it was the tea that was really responsible? Where's the study? Increase what detox?

He is clearly a Dr. Do not question him.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Commitment phobic science alternatives.