7 min workout

Options
Has anybody tried the 7 min workout and does it work ? I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to exercising but I think I can manage 7 min a day .

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Work for what?
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love it! Have an app on my phone
    I try and do it more than once a day
  • arditarose
    Options
    Love it! Have an app on my phone
    I try and do it more than once a day

But did it...work?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    sarinehatz wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the 7 min workout and does it work ? I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to exercising but I think I can manage 7 min a day .

I'm holding out for the 3.5 minute workout. Seven minutes is just unacceptable.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    sarinehatz wrote: »

I'm holding out for the 3.5 minute workout. Seven minutes is just unacceptable.

Ya 3.5 is more my style.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    Options
    Yes
    Burpees, squats, pushups, planking...
    Everyday...
    Yes it works

In the 10 second rest stages, (I change positions obv) I stretch or do extra high knee marching moves

Last week I lost 2lbs.
    But I also count cals, do the 7min workout 2-3x day (usually), and do arm toning with light barebells 2-3x week
  • JoAnnRyan123
    Options
    I am assuming OP means 'is it a good workout, gets your heart rate up, etc'
    By 'does it work'
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I am assuming OP means 'is it a good workout, gets your heart rate up, etc'
    By 'does it work'

I read it as "does it work to lose weight"??

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Work for what?

^ I think this is a very valid question.

Will it help you meet CDC recommendations? Maybe, if you use it on days when you don't have a lot of time and do longer workouts as well in the week. If it's your only workout and you only do it once a day, then no.

Will it help increase your total calorie burn for the day? Yes, but it will be minimal.

Will you lose weight by using it? Well, you don't have to workout to lose weight. MFP is designed to help people lose weight even if they can't/don't want to workout. But can it help? Well yes, providing your eating at a calorie deficit. If not, then no.

Is it better than nothing? Depends on if you like it. If you like it, yes. If you don't, then probably not worth it.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Work for what?

^ I think this is a very valid question.

Will it help you meet CDC recommendations? Maybe, if you use it on days when you don't have a lot of time and do longer workouts as well in the week. If it's your only workout and you only do it once a day, then no.

Will it help increase your total calorie burn for the day? Yes, but it will be minimal.

Will you lose weight by using it? Well, you don't have to workout to lose weight. MFP is designed to help people lose weight even if they can't/don't want to workout. But can it help? Well yes, providing your eating at a calorie deficit. If not, then no.

Is it better than nothing? Depends on if you like it. If you like it, yes. If you don't, then probably not worth it.

This.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a gimmick.

Like something targeted at time poor or lazy people.

But I guess it's better than nothing so if your choice is watch tv for 7 mins or do this, this work out is probably the better option.

For me on a treadmill etc it takes a few mins to warm up/get the heart pounding. Would it be similar for this work out?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    It's been 45 minutes since the OP made this thread so I don't think she's coming back. Remember, she only had 7 minutes.

Bahahahahaa
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My niece does something like that; she gets a daily workout from a website called Bodyrock. I think those ones are 12 minutes in length. I was inspired by seeing photos of my niece's six pack but then I watched some of the videos and knew I could never do it!
  • sarinehatz
    sarinehatz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know I won't be losing weight by doing this work out . I wanted to know if I could get more fit and toned by doing this
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a warm up to me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is all I can think of right now.

7-minute-abs1_zpsrql9olzc.jpg
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    This is all I can think of right now.

7-minute-abs1_zpsrql9olzc.jpg

That was what I was thinking as well.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Wait....so no one's taking the magic pill?