Overweight mommas!

Options
2»

Replies

• kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just turned 31 on the 4th. And my metabolism seems to have left last year some time. I gained 80+lbs with each kid. I lost it within a year with my first. But I was in my 20s and working out plus light beer, bam... Back to my size 4s.

With this little guy I went up to 215lbs from 135. He's 21months old and I've only managed to drop 50lbs the first year, and now I have been yo yoing in between 155 and 165 for almost a year.

I quit smoking in January, and that had my weight go right back up to 165. But I'm recommitted now. I feel like my smoke free life is easier to deal with. So now I'm on to the next big change for myself.

I'm struggling with being "perfect" inu weightloss journey. My biggest obstacle is giving in and giving up after one stupid cookie or cheat meal. It's like I'm an addict or something. One slip and I'm off and running for the extra large order of fries with a side of cheesecake. I try intense impossible diets to "melt fat fast" but they're impossible to maintain in my lifestyle. How can I have absolutely no sugar or carbs including fruit, when I'm constantly preparing buttered cinnamon toast, mashed potatoes, waffles, and all of my family's favorites day in and day out,??? Plus I'm a server at Red Robin... Omg the fries! And ranch... Ugh plus my manager always brings in donuts for the break room on the weekends. Which is when I work.

I used to be a server at Red Robin too.....it was so, so tough to eat healthy while the delicious fries are being waved in your face all the time!!!
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just turned 31 on the 4th. And my metabolism seems to have left last year some time. I gained 80+lbs with each kid. I lost it within a year with my first. But I was in my 20s and working out plus light beer, bam... Back to my size 4s.

With this little guy I went up to 215lbs from 135. He's 21months old and I've only managed to drop 50lbs the first year, and now I have been yo yoing in between 155 and 165 for almost a year.

I quit smoking in January, and that had my weight go right back up to 165. But I'm recommitted now. I feel like my smoke free life is easier to deal with. So now I'm on to the next big change for myself.

I'm struggling with being "perfect" inu weightloss journey. My biggest obstacle is giving in and giving up after one stupid cookie or cheat meal. It's like I'm an addict or something. One slip and I'm off and running for the extra large order of fries with a side of cheesecake. I try intense impossible diets to "melt fat fast" but they're impossible to maintain in my lifestyle. How can I have absolutely no sugar or carbs including fruit, when I'm constantly preparing buttered cinnamon toast, mashed potatoes, waffles, and all of my family's favorites day in and day out,??? Plus I'm a server at Red Robin... Omg the fries! And ranch... Ugh plus my manager always brings in donuts for the break room on the weekends. Which is when I work.

I had to slowly make changes so myself and my family ate better. Starting with bread. Mashed potatoes was now baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and honey. Instead of waffles ask the family how do they want they're eggs cooked, it might be 4 different ways but much healthier. :) You can do it!!!!!!!!!!! What I wouldn't do for some fries.. yum
  • georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SAHM, after not being able to return to work after injuries. Son 8, daughter 6 and three fur babies 11, and 1and half old brothers....feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • cgrantx
    cgrantx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 25 years old momma to 13mo old and 2 cats, working full-time & trying to lose 100+ lbs. Down 10lbs in 4 weeks so far!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hi all. will be 39 in July, have an almost-4-y.o (June) daughter and a 3 y.o feline daughter too. Work full time, studying part-time (nearly finished! teaching degree) and have some kilos to lose (about 5ish). Am currently on 65k. I am working out on a program with a trainer and it's mainly a weights thing and meals are many and regimented (I don't stick to the meal plan 100% in terms of 2 days poultry/2 days fish and what have you but I try to stick to the portion sizing and calories.) My plan both workout and food changes every 6 weeks-ish on a bulk/shred type rotation. Feel free to add me!
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    All of you if you need some kinda help in losing i can be helpful feel free to ask me anything .
  • ecantino32
    ecantino32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! Working mom with 4.5 year old son and Stay at home hubby! Still have the baby weight. I am 5'2 and weighing in at 179.... Not sexy! Want to be at least 150 if not 140(which would be pre baby)