1000 Calories

Options
I'm 4'9 at 102 pounds trying to lose 7 to get to 95, and then if I'm not satisfied with the way I look, I'll attempt to drop to 90. I'm just here to comment on the fact on how being so short is such a drag. I get only 1000 calories a day if I want to lose a pound a week. I work out and never eat the calories back. I started at 121 pounds by the way, and managed to drop to 110 in like a month, it was so easy. But since I hit 109 it's been extremely hard to lose the weight, any tips on how to lose faster? And by "workout" I mean I go to the gym 5/6 times a week and do about 1 hour of cardio and 30 mins of weights.

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose the weight "fast"?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Aw man, that sucks. But being at a healthy BMI already and having not a lot to lose, it's going to come off slow. The 11lbs in a month likely had a fair bit of water weight in it, so you can't base your continuing expectations on that. Slow and steady, eh?
  • lesliereloaded
    lesliereloaded Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Cliché, but I want a nicer body for the summer. Plus I want to get my belly button pierced around June [i want to be 95 pounds by then] so it will be healed enough so that I can go in pools by August for when I go on vacation.
  • lesliereloaded
    lesliereloaded Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Aw man, that sucks. But being at a healthy BMI already and having not a lot to lose, it's going to come off slow. The 11lbs in a month likely had a fair bit of water weight in it, so you can't base your continuing expectations on that. Slow and steady, eh?

Yeah I guess so :(. Don't really have any other options besides starving myself, which I refuse to do.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What about Low carbs, higher protein and fat for weight loss?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What about Low carbs, higher protein and fat for weight loss?

Or a calorie deficit?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Cliché, but I want a nicer body for the summer. Plus I want to get my belly button pierced around June [i want to be 95 pounds by then] so it will be healed enough so that I can go in pools by August for when I go on vacation.

It's always such a shock when summer comes... You just never know when it's going to happen....
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm basically in the same boat- summer is comming and I know a few of my favourite summer dresses are on the tight side. At our height:

-We have a lower metabloic rate (due to smaller height and body weight)
    -We have lower maintenance calories- so there isn't much wiggle room for treats.
    -Excess weight shows more easily than on a 5ft4 (for example) girl
    -We have a smaller calorie defecit (in order to have a healthy intake)-there is no room for large defecits
    -Exercise burnes less calories - due to our smaller height and lower weight
    - Apparently we are more prone to water balance issues and constipation (according to the Petite Advantage Diet)- mayve less room for all the intestines, or shorter intestines - or maybe just bunk. I knwo this is a big problem for me personally though.

Yeah- its sucks. I like the Petite Advantage Diet book - not for the diet because it doesn't suit my tastes but for the no-nonsence approach. Eg. Your 5ft6 freind (my bestie is 5ft10!) can have the bread roll and butter, the salad dressing and the second glass of wine- and you can't - deal with it! Works for me.

Good luxck hun. Remember - we are not short- we are 'fun-sized' Lol!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    One other thing- if you are short-waisted (probably are at our height) and if your waist-bands on clothing tend to ride straight to your natural waist- then a belly piercing may have trouble healing. I tried piercing mine twice over the years and it never healed properly. I am left with a knot of scar tissue now. Something to consider.