Watch WHALE WARS tonight!

Options
wanderinglight
wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
Okay, not *technically* MFP-related but those of you who have seen me around these boards know I work for Discovery Channel and I was working hard to get in shape before leaving for Antarctica. Well I'm back (still trying to get in shape!) and my show is airing tonight on Animal Planet. I spent 99 days on a boat in Antarctica filming anti-whaling activists as they try to stop the illegal whaling that goes on down there.

Anyhoo...if you are interested, it's Whale Wars, 9pm on Animal Planet! Tonight is Episode 2 but they are airing the premiere episode at 8pm.

Wheeeee!

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Very cool......we LOVE that show!!
  • dtraylor
    dtraylor Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome! I'll watch it. It's on right now.
  • dtraylor
    Options
    That was pretty cool. I'm guessing you were on the Bob Barker. Couldn't pick you out. :o) Too bad ya'll had so many problems getting that boat sorted out.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I was actually on the Steve Irwin -- this is my second season doing the show and although I wanted to be on the ship with the ice-classified hull, I was assigned to the Irwin. Captain Watson is not the easiest person to work with so they wanted a veteran on board with him. And is it turns out, I was so glad I ended up there! There were MILLIONS of cockroaches and only one working toilet on the Barker!
  • dtraylor
    Options
    Yikes, lol. Well at least the Irwin got all the action in those two shows. I'm sure more followed.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I would like to lodge a formal complain that it doesn't premiere until next week in Canada.:tongue:

Welcome back to dry land (at least for a minute.):flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that is very cool. i won't have time to watch it but will check it out later.

congratulations on such a worthwhile information expose.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My hubby and myself are Discovery Channel junkies! We have seen the commercials for that and have been wondering exactly what it is about. We will be checking it out for sure. Welcome back to land for the time being.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's great to be back!!! And thanks for the nice words on the show -- it's the one I'm most proud of in my career so it feels good to know that people are interested in it.

Yes...dtraylor...we saw a LOT of action! Going to be an exciting series, especially starting around Episode 4!!

viviakay, so nice to see you!
  • JAPS
    JAPS Posts: 17
    Options
    I remember you! So great to see that you're still around. I will definitely watch Whale Wars tonight. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Eric_Geary
    Eric_Geary Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW! I have been watching since day 1 and was so glad to see it come back for another season. I think its great what they are doing, and cant wait to see what this season has to offer!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I will check it out. I definitely remember you!! :drinker: