subway

Options
Catplumb
Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
Hi, I am coming back here after a year or so away, and have just remembered that I am taking my kids to their grans today and this will probably mean lunch out, either at Subway or McDonald's. What are my best options for either? I'm thinking flat bread will be better than normal sub?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why don't you look up the nutrition values on each website?. You can pick or select things you like to eat that will be within your calorie value..I look these up all the time before I eat out.

https://www.subway.com/Nutrition/Files/NutritionValues.pdf

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The flat bread has about 20 calories more than the regular bread, so order whatever tastes better. :) The lowest flat bread sandwich is the BLT at 320 calories. The McD's Grilled Chicken Ranch Snack Wrap has 270 calories.
  • Catplumb
    Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks both. That really surprised me about the flat bread! Will start my research now!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is because the flat bread has a little more fat/oil (and taste) than the other bread.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Catplumb wrote: »
    Hi, I am coming back here after a year or so away, and have just remembered that I am taking my kids to their grans today and this will probably mean lunch out, either at Subway or McDonald's. What are my best options for either? I'm thinking flat bread will be better than normal sub?

I dont go to Subway, but if I end up in McDonalds I go for the Nuggets, fries and diet coke - 580 calories, give or take, which isnt too bad at all.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I had Subway yesterday..9 grain wheat or Italian are the best options.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I get the subway 9 grain wheat with turkey, no cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, green peppers, banana peppers, salt and pepper and oil and vinegar. It is 325 calories for a six inch according to their website. Ends up being a pretty big sandwich and fills me up for a good long time!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My usual at Subway is a 6 inch turkey on wheat, spinach, cucumber, olives, grated Parmesan, pepper, regular mustard. 280 calories. No mayo and no cheese (except for the Parmesan which adds very few calories).
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Usually go with turkey on wheat with lots of veggies. No cheese will save you some calories.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    I've been getting chopped salads lately. Spinach and the chopped lettuce with green peppers, tomato, cucumbers, red onion, pickles, and I get double chicken with the sweet onion dressing. Delicious and the salad is HUGE.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I second the subway chopped salad, huge salad and very low calorie.