What's the best workout program?

Options
I've been seeing lots of ads for workouts, 21 Day Fix, T25, etc....
Looking for suggestions on what's best and gives desired results? I've done 30 day shred and Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer, looking to try something new. I don't mind if it's a gym or at home workout, just wanting honest input. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What's the best phone? What's the best car? Whats the best food? Everyone's going to have different answers; there is no best really.

It boils down to what your goals are, strength? Muscle mass? Endurance? Stamina?
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    The one you can sustain for the rest of your life.
    Amen!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The best program is one that you enjoy and know that you can stick with as a lifestyle. It will reflect your goals, whatever they may be, and will change as your golas do. You should choose a program you can be consistent with and that allows for plenty of recovery days.

~ Kris
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The best programme is the one you will do consistently enough that it moves you towards your goals.

There is no "best" or "perfect" programme.

And even if you find something that sings for you now, doesn't mean to say it will in 6 months, 6 years, 60 years... constant self-exploration is necessary.
  • scorpiowoman326
    scorpiowoman326 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity and P90X programs
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Since you referenced a bunch of the Beachbody programs I assume you are mostly looking for an at home fitness program. I've done more then a few of the Beachbody programs. As far as best it really depends on what you are looking for.

Insanity: Heavy Cardio based, but includes Plyo, strength, and body weight circuits. Good total body program. Vids are 40-50 minutes each. Typically a 9 minute warm up, 6 minutes of stretching, 20-30 minutes of circuits, then a final 4-5 minutes of cool down stretching. Very effective but also a very difficult program. No modifier on screen

P90X3: Well rounded intermediate program. Includes weight training, agility, Plyo, Yoga, Pilates, MMX, Isometrics, the full gamut. Vids are all 30 minutes. Brief warm up and stretch at the start and end.

T25: Heavy Cardio like Insanity but also has some great full body workouts. Modifier on screen at all times, vids are all 25 minutes, No warm ups, brief cool down at the end.

21 Day Fix I have not done but my wife has done both the original and extreme. It's more about the diet then the vids but the vids can be quite intense from what I have seen.

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There is no best