60 Is Powerful Fun Exciting Fat is Not...

Options
looking in bathroom mirror OMG its my MOM looking back at me...where did that hippie from the 60s go, Im turning 62 this May its a wonderful time to flip your life and do things you have never done its a time to look at lifes clock ticking away and say rot rooh where did that skinny kid go?When we were young we had the world in our pocket , now our pockets are filled with inhalers, bp pills, diabetes meds, yipes...LOOKING FOR FRIENDS age 50-80 this thing called life is wonderful and amazing but its also scary along the way, as a cancer survivor with hashimotos but still young at heart i need friends who are facing their senior moments with laughter and positive attitude but a serious lifestyle at loosing weight...i know i will not be that skinny hippie with the granny dress on the rose colored Beatle glasses , but i can be a powerful crone with many more wonderful years to go

Replies

• cat2tat
    cat2tat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 66 years old. Some days I feel older some days I feel younger. I still feel that I can change those parts of my life I am not happy with. I have some health problems but they can be managed.
    I lol exactly like my Mom did at my age!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm 60, lost 90 lbs, 5 pounds to goal. Almost that skinny hippie (who am I kidding I've never been skinny.) I come from good peasant stock! But at my goal I'll be 5lbs heavier than my lowest weight in my lifetime. I'll take it! I like your attitude. Add me if you'd like.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We have a 60+ group that is very active and very encouraging - but never judgmental. Wide variety of those just starting, those still losing, those who have been successful and are maintaining. We share chat, challenges, recipes, and interesting articles, etc. Why not join us? I think you can link to it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3538-60-years-old-and-over