Detox tea - flat stomach HELP

Options
Okay so after losing almost all of my excess body fat I just feel like I'm stuck , why is everywhere else on my body nice and toned but my stomach does not appear to be toned or tight. I feel it's not actually fat and that it's just bloat because my stomach is flat when I wake up but as the day goes on and I eat I swell up like a balloon haha. I've been seeing a lot of detox drinks, teas.. Things like that. Has anyone every tried skinny bunny tea or skinny fox detox ? Do they work and are they worth the high price ? Any suggestions of other brands would be great too ! Thanks

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The only thing it will detox is your wallet.

Your body "detoxes" itself. The "teatoxes" are a scam and you don't need them.

One of the stickies at the top of the forum deals with wanting a nice stomach. Go read it. I can guarantee you now, it doesn't involve a stupid detox.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Skip the detox teas.
    Your kidneys and liver are doing a fine job, I'm sure, no need to also drink over priced diuretics. They won't make a lasting impression.

Most people experience a little bloating here and there- you have food in your belly and you're well hydrated, those are both good things in the overall scheme of things.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    They are diuretics and/or laxatives. You'll pee and poop so may see a temporary scale drop, but it'll be right where it started as soon as you eat/drink.

I'll leave this here. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Detox teas are a scam. Is what you are seeing just a volume of food in your stomach, making your belly stick out? Do you have any underlying digestive issues that would cause increased bloating? Food allergies? These are thing I would look at before I wasted money on diuretics and laxatives. Actually I wouldn't buy those at all.
  • pittsburgh412
    pittsburgh412 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Detox teas are a scam. Is what you are seeing just a volume of food in your stomach, making your belly stick out? Do you have any underlying digestive issues that would cause increased bloating? Food allergies? These are thing I would look at before I wasted money on diuretics and laxatives. Actually I wouldn't buy those at all.

I have been reading about gluten sensitivity and I do have a few of the symptoms. Not sure if it could be the cause or not. I'm not really sure but I just want it to go away ! Haha
  • LSNC81
    LSNC81 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Do you take probiotics? They help with digestion.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay so after losing almost all of my excess body fat I just feel like I'm stuck , why is everywhere else on my body nice and toned but my stomach does not appear to be toned or tight. I feel it's not actually fat and that it's just bloat because my stomach is flat when I wake up but as the day goes on and I eat I swell up like a balloon haha. I've been seeing a lot of detox drinks, teas.. Things like that. Has anyone every tried skinny bunny tea or skinny fox detox ? Do they work and are they worth the high price ? Any suggestions of other brands would be great too ! Thanks

Your belly fills when you eat food. That's normal.

If you're really bloating, try to figure out what food is causing it, if it's something like a sensitivity.

"skinny" teas empty your belly. They're LAXATIVES.
    Don't use LAXATIVES for weight loss. It's a TERRIBLE idea.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    LSNC81 wrote: »
    Don't ask about detox tea on here!?! I did and it didn't go down well... Most people say no but I had a few PMs and they told me they do work.. either way I still bought it :)

Again: LAXATIVES
  • LSNC81
    Options

And? So what if there is.. eating too much liquorice or gum is a laxative
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.
  • Laurend224
    Options

Because all you are losing is water and waste products... not actual fat. When you eat or drink anything those pounds that were magically lost suddenly reappear.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited April 2015
    Options

lol. Rationalizations are grand aren't they?

Seriously. Stop and think logically. LAXATIVES for weight loss??? You REALLY think this is smart? You really think consciously taking a laxative to make yourself crap some scale numbers off is a good thing? (If you google eating disorders you'll see laxatives mentioned there....)
    Next you'll find yourself, oh, say, throwing up. That makes the number on the scale go down too.

TERRIBLE IDEA.
  • Laurend224
    Options
    I did a detox/cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *****.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

That sounds like my Super Dieters Tea adventure when I was 19... I was on the toilet with a bucket in front of me, I didn't know what end it was going to come out of.... Both, it came out both ends, simultaneously.
  • LSNC81
    Options

Haha this made me laugh
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Because all you are losing is water and waste products... not actual fat. When you eat or drink anything those pounds that were magically lost suddenly reappear.

The op isn't worried about fat. Her stomach is fine before eating in the morning and bloats as she eats. This is a water, gas, food volume issue.

The only reason I wouldn't suggest the detox/ex lax teas is if taken regularly they will cause the inability to use the bathroom without them.
  • LSNC81
    Options

lol. Rationalizations are grand aren't they?

Seriously. Stop and think logically. LAXATIVES for weight loss??? You REALLY think this is smart? You really think consciously taking a laxative to make yourself crap some scale numbers off is a good thing? (If you google eating disorders you'll see laxatives mentioned there....)
    Next you'll find yourself, oh, say, throwing up. That makes the number on the scale go down too.

TERRIBLE IDEA.

Well it's a good job I'm not using it for weight loss then isn't it
  • never2bstopped
    Options

Love the copy paste
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

And those don't work for weight loss either.

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

• LSNC81
    Options

And those don't work for weight loss either.

Why pay money to speed up something your body will do anyway and that isn't associated with actually losing real weight?

But nobody said they was using it for weight loss?