Macros?

Options
The answer to this question is probably on here somewhere, but I'm going to ask it anyway. What are macros? I see this mentioned in posts occasionally. What are you talking about?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Protein, carbs, fat, generally.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    macronutrients are where most of the calories come from...they provide the energy required to move etc. Macro meaning big means that we as humans require large amounts of them for survival.

http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/macronutrients.htm
  • TinaG141
    TinaG141 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Macros are proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Generally if you're counting or keeping track of macros you don't have to count calories. It can be confusing when you first start out and I would suggest reading about it a lot before you give it a go. When people are in a slump they tend to adjust the amount of each of these three to see different results etc.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    TinaG141 wrote: »
    Macros are proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Generally if you're counting or keeping track of macros you don't have to count calories. It can be confusing when you first start out and I would suggest reading about it a lot before you give it a go. When people are in a slump they tend to adjust the amount of each of these three to see different results etc.

Thanks for the info. As a matter of fact, I have hit a plateau. I think I knew my next research project!