What comes after Insanity?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Well, I'm almost to month 2 of insanity and I love it! Should I repeat the insanity program or do Insanity max? Any other suggestions? I still have quite a bit of weight to lose.

Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    I still have quite a bit of weight to lose.

Doesn't matter what you do OP, do anything you want. Just stay in a caloric deficit and you'll lose..
  • lauradutton86
    Options
    I moved onto T25 after insanity but much preferred insanity so I went back to repeating month 2
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I went on to body beast as I wanted to incorporate some lifting. I didn't like his cardio so I swapped those for insanity workouts. I wasn't a fan of T25 either but love insanity max 30.

I do hybrids now of beach body and fitnessblender workouts.
  • loriewalker
    loriewalker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Insanity was one of my first BB workouts a few years ago, I repeated a few times, got better each round. I would repeat it you love it. But, as I learned through the years, watch your calorie intake. Espcially with high intensity workouts where you are burning alot of calories. I was under eating and reached a plateau, and not for lack of exercise. I kept seeing the MFP your are getting close to your calorie goal and freaked out a bit. The past while I switched to the 21 Day fix extreme, and now eating about 400 calories more and losing again. I also drink Shakeology daily (which i did before as well) becasue when you cut calories you are also losing in nutrients. Shakeology gives all your nutrients, vitamins etc.. you need.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Agree with poster above me. Move on to Body Beast and do a hybrid of Insanity and Beast. Follow the Beast schedule but sub in Insanity vids for the Beast cardio days. The Beast cardio is pretty awful. I currently do Beast 3-4 days and Insanity 2-3 days a week depending on how the schedule falls. I've had my best weight loss results from the hybrid program. It's amazing how adding weights into your regimen can really shed the pounds.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I read an article because I was wondering the same thing. I am doing T25 and was wondering what to do after. The article said that Insanity and T25 are all about losing fat and the next step would be to go to a program like P90X or P90X3 since it is more about building muscle.
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have completed the insanity program 2 times now, but currently I lift weights in the gym and sub insanity on the days I can't get in an hour long run or workout into my day. I still see results, but I have 26 pounds to go.

Bottom line, congrats and make sure you get your free t shirt!!! keep moving!!! :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info!!!!!!!
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    being committed??? haha
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I do hybrids now of beach body and fitnessblender workouts. [/quote]

I just signed up for fitnessblender. I was just wondering how you log your workouts on MFP?
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

I do hybrids now of beach body and fitnessblender workouts.

I just signed up for fitnessblender. I was just wondering how you log your workouts on MFP?[/quote]

They have calorie estimates if you want to guess with them and log the type of workout you did (eg, aerobics, circuit trainig, weight lifting, etc) or use a HRM and create your own workout log as "fitnessblender" for example, this is what I do.