• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate all the way
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »
    A medium red delicious apple sliced and dipped into homemade almond butter. So good.
    Our new Kroger actually has a wall of nuts and grinding machines to make your own nut butter. Fresh nut butter is better than anything and we know it has no additives.
  • binaz408
    binaz408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »
    Fiber one 90 calories brownies are my favorite. Also love whole fruit Popsicles!

The Fiber one 90 calories brownies also help me control my sweet cravings. I sometimes add peanut butter to mine also.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Julie's Organic Fudge Bars. Only 100 calories each and taste like a Fudgsicle without the junk!
    http://www.juliesorganic.com/
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My go to lately has been a banana topped with 2oz of homemade sugar free peanut butter that I heat up in the microwave, then a little redi whip on top. Sometimes I add just an few dark chocolate chips to the peanut butter.

I use 2oz of peanut butter because I usually have calories left at the end of the day. 1oz would be more than sufficient. I did try PB2 tonight, the chocolate one. I won't be doing that again. It left a funny aftertaste in my mouth. I'll keep that for mixing in with smoothies.

Honestly I am completely shocked how this fixes my sweet craving. I am a chocolate fanatic.
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The pb2 listed above is delicious. I like to spread the chocolate one on lightly salted rice cakes. It is absolutely delicious and only 80 calories total. Gingerfitspo.com has a recipe book for only about $7 with a bunch of healthy recipes for things like cookies, brownies, and cake that are under 100 calories and it all looks delicious. It also has recipes for breakfasts such as pancakes and crepes and salads for lunch and chicken and fish recipes too. Very cheap for such a great variety! I bought it today, and haven't tried anything yet but I have heard good things
  • nareshbitch
    Options
    Peel and cut up sweet potao and bake them into wedges! This is a really nice snack that you can dip into hummus and it's sooo sweet and healthy! Bananas with peanut butter etc. i've found a lot of good mini snack ideas from searching for plant-based foods
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I've recently discovered these thanks to one of my MFP friends. It's my new addiction:

fruit-flavored-almonds.jpg

@wolfsbayne
    Interesting! I've never seen these...so what exactly do they taste like? Are they almonds coated in that flavor (like Emeralds used to do with dark cocoa...and WHY are those no longer sold?!) :'( or is it a chewy coating like Skittles? lol TIA

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Some of these ideas are fantastic. Personally fresh fruit or my protein powder work out. I use optimum gold standard whey protein in rocky road flavor so I blend it with almond milk and it tastes like heaven! That or power crunch protein bars come in a peanut butter crème, peanut butter fudge, triple chocolate, French vanilla crème, cookies and crème, wild berry, etc flavors. And they're all wonderful. Good balance of carbs to protein and tastes like candy bars. (For some people they do have a minor kick of artificial sweetener taste at the end, I only experience that with some flavors though)
  • JenW757
    JenW757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I've never seen these...so what exactly do they taste like? Are they almonds coated in that flavor (like Emeralds used to do with dark cocoa...and WHY are those no longer sold?!) :'( or is it a chewy coating like Skittles? lol TIA

The coating is like a dry powder, and the strawberry ones remind me of Frankenberry cereal. I guess they're good if you like almonds, but I can't ever get past the texture of nuts. :|
  • jamaicanmircrzy
    jamaicanmircrzy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm loving all the responses! These are all great. I can't wait to try some of them out when indulgence strikes. Thank you for the input, any continuance with this thread would be great! :)
  • kcsunshine54
    kcsunshine54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like deep chocolate vitatop muffins. They can be found in the frozen section of the grocery store.
  • urgley
    urgley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My go to is a cup of options hot chocolate after dinner, less than 40kcal, but satisfies that craving for dessert.