1000 days of logging tomorrow

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
And it was actually longer than that, because I went on a 3 week overseas trip a few months in, logged every day on my phone, but didn't have internet. I haven't missed any meals and I don't think even snacks. I certainly have tried not to - and have woken up in the morning, realized something I'd missed the day before, and dropped that in.

All of which seems weird!

But, I think about it now almost not at all - as may be obvious to some oldtimers from my decreasing involvement with the forums. And I lost all the weight I had set out to and have maintained all the weight I've lost. While still eating lots of food that I love.

My biggest accomplishments, though, have actually been getting my sister and brother-in-law to use MFP. He's lost 100 pounds (yay Bruce!) and she's lost well over 50 since last summer. My husband has also restarted logging again - and I also hope he will continue. It's a useful tool.

Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've just hit my 1020 days although like you, i didn't have internet for around a week towards the beginning.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!
  • tamtrav2010
    tamtrav2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome
  • bloated_fatty
    bloated_fatty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great stuff
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You've done great, I will be hitting my 1000 days logged next month, there were times I was on vacation and didn't have internet but I have faithfully logged apart from that...MFP is a great tool and its continuing helping me as I maintain :smile: go MFP *\o/*
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    TRUE commitment
  • casio1949
    Options
    Very inspiring and motivating!!!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Definitely shows how some dedication and consistency pay off. And that you are leading by example. Congrats!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Not only have you dedicated yourself to using MFP for 3 years but you've inspired your family too. That is huge and wonderful!
  • nxd10
    Options
    You've done great, I will be hitting my 1000 days logged next month, there were times I was on vacation and didn't have internet but I have faithfully logged apart from that...MFP is a great tool and its continuing helping me as I maintain :smile: go MFP *\o/*

Yes, it's easy to update now. I travel overseas a lot and that's been great. I also know now that MFP has databases for food in South Africa, Chile, Turkey, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands . . .

• LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2015
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »

Yes, it's easy to update now. I travel overseas a lot and that's been great. I also know now that MFP has databases for food in South Africa, Chile, Turkey, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands . . .

That's great but for me we cruise alot and data on board too expensive in my opinion to log into mfp....I quite like getting a few days off logging, but when we're off ship I get wifi :smile:

Its the interaction from my mfp buddies that I enjoy the most and I sign in now mostly to catch up with them :smiley: the food logging is just a good habit that I have continued and will keep on doing so :smile:
  • nxd10
    Options
    I never do data overseas - WAY too expensive! But the smartphone app has a fantastic database. If I don't have daily wifi - I often don't - I use my phone. When I get back, it all syncs into MFP (for free) and they have a function that just allows you to tell them how many days you've been on so you can keep your 'streak' going. I thought those streak numbers were silly when I started. But I must admit, I've gotten sucked into it.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm going to hit 3 yrs soon!!! hehehehe!! :smiley:
  • amysant
    amysant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I never do data overseas - WAY too expensive! But the smartphone app has a fantastic database. If I don't have daily wifi - I often don't - I use my phone. When I get back, it all syncs into MFP (for free) and they have a function that just allows you to tell them how many days you've been on so you can keep your 'streak' going. I thought those streak numbers were silly when I started. But I must admit, I've gotten sucked into it.

Where can you find the function that allows you to log after the fact? I would LOVE to know! I had a great streak going, but got really busy one day and thought I would just log everything the next morning only to find I was starting my streak all over again. Thank you!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I'm currently around 288 days and am just excited to keep it going. I hope I make it to 1000 days on this! It's made a big difference for me to be able to have this type of accountability! Good job on that 1000!
  • nxd10
    Options
    To reset your streak to the right number (like when you're out of the country or logged on your phone but didn't synch to the internet) go here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

It's honor system, but that's the whole point of this, right?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

I can't believe I didn't know this! Doh!! I'm here 3 yrs and still am learning lol...thank you :smile:
  • nxd10
    Options
    If you forget where you were, your home page has those 'streak' notices and you can figure it out from there.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing commitment and dedication and inspiring to all - not just to your family but to all us just starting our journey, or re-starting, as the case may be.
    You did it consistently and persevered no doubt through some testing times - any hints and tips for those just starting?
    It wonderful to see the results of these success stories but for newbies, a bit of background info would be worth its weight in gold......as in, if ' I could give you 5 nuggets of advice to take with you on your journey, it would be these.....' type of thing.....
    A potted history, if you like......what you learned along the way, what you wished you had known at the start,etc......just a thought. This type of advice can make the difference between success and failure and whilst I am sure you have done it before at some time, maybe an update would help us all, whether new or not.
    But asides all that - well done. I didn't even know commitment existed that long!