HELP IM ADDICTED TO DONUTS!!!

Options
hello everyone! So I started my weight loss journey about a year ago. I've lost 60 pounds so far, feel amazing, like a brand new person. I would love to lose about 10 more pounds, But for the last couple of months I've had the uncontrollable urge to eat donuts!! I pretty much eat a donut a day. The craving for it is so intense and I feel I cannot control it. I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth but never has it felt like this. Has anyone else been in a similar situation??? Any suggestions as to how I can subside the cravings? Any supplements/ vitamins I can take? Any input is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating a donut a day if you can make it in fit into your calorie / macro goals. Just go with the flow and enjoy. :wink:
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Like spacequizetime said, if you can fit it in your calories, you can eat it.

But if you don't have the self-control to only eat what will fit into your daily calorie allotment, it might be best to avoid the food altogether.

But if you have had the self-control to lose 60 pounds, a donut should be nothing to you! :)

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, kinda. They bring donuts to work on Friday and i end up eating between 4-8 donuts. My problem is i cant just eat one once i start. The rest of the week i dont think about them so i dont crave them. I think i crave it because i know its right there. Maybe try to make access to donuts harder? We'll see how i do tomorrow... :wink:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well I suggest you enter a 12 step program...barring that make your own.

I logged my recipe here and my donuts only have 77 calories...but that's cause they aren't super huge like other store bought donuts.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i started craving deepfried fish after eating ultra low fat for a long time. maybe your diet has been too light on carbs and fat? a doughnut a day wont kill your calorie budget, so i wouldnt worry. keep a box of sara lee softee's around for breakfasts. :)
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet is to mail all of your doughnuts to me.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, you'll probably get sick of donuts eventually. Probably.

You could always try to eat lower calorie donuts.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    http://www.holeydonuts.net/ apparently deliver pretty much everywhere, but I'm sure you could homemake lower cal ones!
  • pinkkimono228
    Options
    Think your body calling for carbs...Krispy Kremes original is only about two hundred kcal which you can work off quite easily. Otherwise I suggest smaller doughnuts, baked doughnuts...or, artisan doughnuts. They might be crazy but they're so expensive you think twice about eating them so regularly. If you really like denial try baking your own wholemeal bran muffins with fruit and seeds?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    a donut is roughly 350 calories (or more)... if you kept all else the same, NOT eating that donut every day, could result in a few pounds lost in a month*

*depending on your current weight and activity levels blah blah blah

You need to weight the "cost" of the donut against your end goals.

For me, I love my Tim Horton's coffee. It's about 210 cals for a cup. I crave it daily. BUT... I'm currently looking at moving back into a mild deficit, and am HUNGRY because I'm working out more... I see those 210 calories as being useable for more filling foods.

I'll allow myself a TH coffee from time to time, because I have no need to eliminate it from my day, but I am a LOT more conscious of what it is really costing me in the long term.

Maybe you need to do a cost benefit analysis in your head, to help you control those cravings?
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I have the same problem, kinda. They bring donuts to work on Friday and i end up eating between 4-8 donuts. My problem is i cant just eat one once i start. The rest of the week i dont think about them so i dont crave them. I think i crave it because i know its right there. Maybe try to make access to donuts harder? We'll see how i do tomorrow... :wink:

Dam coworkers. Same happens here - but I can usually stop at one or two. I still log them, and then get grumpy when I don't have enough cals for REAL food... at which point I may find additional motivation to find time for a workout. LOL

you appear to be managing your week-of-donuts-in-a-day dilemma adequately!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have to say i have been there and it wasent very long ago. Except mine was cupcakes not donuts. I decided to go cold turkey for a month and what i did was replace it with a fruit i loved. For me clementines did the trick. I basically exchanged one form of sugar for another cleaner healthier version. I ate alot of them....i still do ( and other fruit several times a day). I no longer crave the sweets bakery stuff ( or chocolate really) . Im still at it and i feel better for it. I have trouble because the people in my d epartment are donut aholics. I mean every day they bring them. I make sure i have my own snacks now . I know if i have even one i will be back on the cupcakes and sweets again. Good luck
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    addicted to a food which can't even be spelled correctly, interesting
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    addicted to a food which can't even be spelled correctly, interesting

there, there *pats head* it's ok

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/donut
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just don't buy any? If you don't have access to them you can't eat them.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Donuts are my favorite food, work it in your diet if you need to eat daily..Since the beginning of the year, maybe 6 donuts total..it's so hard!!!
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Take one to your desk and eat it there? Away from the box !
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Years ago I worked with someone who refused to eat fried food because it was so unhealthy. She was eating a donut, and I said, "Thelma, I thought you didn't eat fried food.". She was quick to respond that no, she didn't, because it was very unhealthy. I told her that donuts were fried and she denied it, saying it was baked. A couple of co-workers confirmed that donuts were fried, and she looked at it like it was poison. She never ate a donut again.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to slip, stay off the ice.