Totally bummed...

Options
Went down hard with the stomach bug yesterday... felt terrible and slept most of the day. The worst part is I broke my 102 day MFP streak! :(
And broke my streak of taking at least 10K+ steps on my Jawbone, which I've been hitting since Dec 30th of last year :(:(

Oh well, must keep going...

Replies

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that happens. At least you had a good excuse for breaking your streak. Mine broke cuz I plain forgot. :-( Hope you are feeling better today.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Life happens. Illness happens. Rest, recover and don't push yourself too hard. You'll be back at it in no time.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Thanks - when I woke up this morning I saw the notification on my phone. When I saw it was crushed - lol
  • Anns24
    Anns24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if I don't make mine I just try and make them up over the next few days and that feels like an achievement!! Just a thought :-) At least you're better now and can get back in your routine!
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I hope you're feeling better now.

OK, so this is going to sound bad, but sometimes I'm glad when I get sick. I mean, it sucks while you're sick obviously, but it really is a time that your body needs to rest and recover.

I'll often forget to take or willingly forego rest days because I get in my head that if I take them, I'll fall off the wagon. One will turn into 10 and all that. But then a sick day will come around and I feel SO MUCH BETTER a day or two after. I actually WANT to get out and get an extra walk in because its so good to be alive! It's a good reminder to myself that I need to take it easy sometimes.