Weight going up and down! Help ME!

Options
Okay, okay, kind of dramatic. I just really would like some advice and support.

I'm 19, and ever since I was a little kid I can remember always have some extra fat on my midsection. I was molested multiple times when I was a child, and I had an unstable home life. I really think the reason why I have such a hard time losing weight is because of these things.

I have gerd, and I'm really sick, and I just want to get better you guys. But every time I do really well when it comes to weight loss, I fall off. I've lost 52 pounds, but because it was all through food and barely any exercise, the results aren't what I wanted.

I currently weigh 169 and I'd really like to lose another 45-50 pounds. I currently live at a youth shelter because I just had to get away from home. I just hate at what I've done to my body.

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You've been through a lot. Are you currently seeing a therapist? Your shelter can probably help you find one if you're not. I'm bipolar and have a rare disease that has resulted in a kidney transplant and hearing impairment, plus I've stayed at a homeless shelter to get away from an abusive relationship within the past two years, so I get where you're coming from. Good things take hard work, and having a counselor to give you feedback and tools to retrain your brain helps so much.

For your gerd, follow up with your doctor (again, a case worker at the shelter can probably help you with this--always ask for help when you need it), and eat smaller portions. Get on food stamps if your not already, and see if they'll let you keep medically prescribed snacks around.

And message me if you want advice about getting out if the shelter life.