p90x buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cool! I did my plyo! Boy that was a bit rough but id done most of it before with a jillian micheals burn fat boost metabolism workout. So I know I will improve! I had to stop a couple times bc my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't catch my breath but all 8n all I give it 110%.
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I started P90X3 on Monday and would love some like minded people to get together and help each other through the next 13 weeks!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Sure! You can add me or anyone else on here! I post on my feed regularly for updates for myselfand ask others about their day!
  • banishthebuldge
    banishthebuldge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    does p90X3 count? if so, count me in
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Sure! Join in! There is some other x3s on here! I don't know anything about it but its all related anyway!
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started P90X on Monday! I'm using endomondo and a HRM to log calories under cardio for all of the days. I'm waiting for my fitbit charge HR to arrive from backorder so I'll have to reevaluate how I log things after that. 3 days down and I'm having a hard time lifting my arms this afternoon.
  • Greensfiend
    Greensfiend Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. In my 6th week of P90X3.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    brianpride wrote: »
    I started P90X on Monday! I'm using endomondo and a HRM to log calories under cardio for all of the days. I'm waiting for my fitbit charge HR to arrive from backorder so I'll have to reevaluate how I log things after that. 3 days down and I'm having a hard time lifting my arms this afternoon.

HRM will not be even close to accurate for cals burned as HRMs are designed for steady state cardio only. HRM is good to see how high your HR is and when it drops to where you are recovered to go again, but not for the cals burned.

I have done the program twice as written then my own hybrid another 3-4 times.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Sure! I guess what ill do is just add people who want it and then watch the feed and if you want add others or say on post add me. You can add me just say p90x so I know who im adding. I will post nightly on my feed and we can all check in!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    brianpride wrote: »

HRM will not be even close to accurate for cals burned as HRMs are designed for steady state cardio only. HRM is good to see how high your HR is and when it drops to where you are recovered to go again, but not for the cals burned.

I have done the program twice as written then my own hybrid another 3-4 times.

Curious how about a chest strap hrm they are said to be most accurate? What is your opinion?
  • DaveinSK
    DaveinSK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is more general weightlifting related that P90X specific, but I've noticed especially on the bicep curls that my ability to do them is very on-off. For a lot of exercises I will start to feel them earlier and can power through the last few reps with them really burning. With the bicep curls, I can be starting with 25lbs and do say 5 reps relatively easily, the 6th one might be a struggle, and then after that I'm just done and can't get the dumbbell past 1/2 way anymore. Once that happens even if I switch down to 20lbs I can't do any more reps until the arms have had a chance to rest for a minute.

Is that a common thing, or am I starting with too big a weight and shouldn't be going to the point of failure?
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I am no expert but either you need a lower weight or a break. Maybe start with 10 or 15s? Or 20. See wha5 feels best. Next time start with that lower weight. Your form needs to be good too elbows tucked in at sides and bring the weight all the way down squeeze and up. Do your rep set set down and do some shake outs or ballistic stretch for 30 seconds and do another set. You may need to build up here. It should be done to failure but if it compromises form then do not do another. Then take a short break all the while moving and try another set.
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a HRM with a chest strap for accurate reading/calorie burn. Particularly when doing plyo or high heart rate cardio routines to keep track of how you're doing/feeling. P90X is tons of fun, I've done it before. Right now I'm doing 21 Day Fix, also a lot of fun!
    It does sound like your weights should be lower at first. Remember you can start at a lower weight and build your way up to a higher weight!

Please feel free to message me or friend me if you want to chat more! Keep up the great work!! :)