One Week, no progress.. :(

Options
I know I know, it's only been a week.

Six days on the treadmill, non-stop recording food, or planning what I can eat to fit in my "budget", so far to go... and nothing.

I'm not too pessimistic. I was drinking and smoking every day for the last year and a half, and I stopped both a couple weeks ago.. doing fine with that and I'm happy to turn over a new leaf.

I think I used to starve some (not completely), so I could afford the calories in my vodka and crystal light and not gain too much weight. I totally got sick of feeling tired all the time from drinking (eh, 3 cocktails or so a night.)....

So, I'm thinking my metabolism is shot. Do I deserve it? Probably. Am I an alcoholic?.. who knows.. no withdrawals and just happy to feel better. You know how the old saying goes, "sick and tired of being sick and tired". And the whole thing was just habitual.. it was what I did to end my day.

I'm rested, my complexion is great, my mood is better..

But, I sure could use the motivation of seeing just one pound shed.

Any other slow starters?

Replies

• KandisV
    KandisV Posts: 26
    Options
    Don't sweat the scale---you have probably lost inches. I get antsy too when the scale doesn't budge after a lot of hard work. Good job so far. You'll get there. Feeling better is a bonus!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You have made quite a fiew changes recently. Your body may be in a little shock. Give it time to settle in and you should be golden.:flowerforyou:
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1. Go ahead and use the scale but do not take it as seriously as you are doing now. Look to the tape measure for truth, that's what you're doing this for anyway, isn't it? To be smaller?

2. How much work are you doing on the treadmill, and is it walking, running, what incline? If you want a flat butt, run on the treadmill. If you want a tight round butt, sprint anywhere that isn't a treadmill. Power walking at a high incline on a treadmill is good for butt and thighs, e.g. 20 mins at 6.2km/h at 8incline will do wonders.

3. Lift, lift, lift. I don't know where you work out or what resources you have available but if you're wanted to shed body fat and become more lean, lifting heavy is vital. In fact it's so vital that if you only had 20 minutes a day to work out, scrap the cardio and lift ****. If you can, start using barbells, look up the principle movements of crossfit and copy those, adding weights when you feel comfortable. If you don't have access, invest in a few kettlebells, starting at 7kg, then 10kg, then 12kg etc. There are a lot of online workouts you can follow. Bodyweight exercises will kick your *kitten* too - push ups, pull ups, burpees, squats.

4. Eat like a man, look like a goddess. Keep your body fuelled with lots of protein, slow digesting carbs, low gi fruit (berries, plums, apples) a plenty of green veg. Read The 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris, it helped me shed my first 20kg of body fat.

Good luck!