MFP changed my daily calorie goal

Options
2»

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    wahoowad wrote: »
    Ehhh...everybody is not saying the same thing :D . Math aside, MFP has been reporting my starting out daily goal was 1500 each day. Now it is showing 1290 each day. My weight has not changed in the settings. I didn't change any of the settings that affect the daily net calorie goal.

Whether it is healthy or not is a different issue. I just don't want it changing things up on me. I was under my goal when it was 1500, but now the website thinks it should be 1290 for the same settings :(

However, keep in mind that you're still at a deficit at any of those calorie goals (since 2 pounds a week gives you a 1000 calorie deficit a day and you aren't overeating it by anywhere near that much). So you're still losing weight, but the rate may be a bit different than expected. Still, I don't know what could cause your calorie goal to suddenly change like that ... maybe put in a note to technical or something.

(for the record, I also agree that even 1500 is awfully low for your stats, and 2lbs a week is quite aggressive)
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Back in 2010 I lost 34 pounds in 17 weeks which comes out to 2 pounds a week. I used a different tracking website but it all worked more or less the same as it does here at MFP (I was at Livestrong).

YhkFKqq.png

I'm not disputing the health advise some of you are giving. I was mostly focused on the perceived glitch that changed my calorie goal. I'm still confused about what, if anything happened. But after re-entering my #'s (as well as creating a fake account and coming up with the same calorie goal) I guess I just have to accept the right # it now is reporting is 1290. If it was 1500 earlier it isn't 1500 now and I can get past that :) .

But I am listening to the advice that 2 lbs/week isn't good for me. It seemed work out OK last time though. The amount (and quality) of food I have gone back to eating seems right though if I scale back my portions and stop over eating so much :/ So a little confused here....
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The point that was being made was if your eating 1290 and working out..it is not healthy because your eating too little and most likely will be losing 2lbs or more...if you were eating more than 1290 and eating higher around the 1800-2000 calories, you would be losing exactly 2lbs and not more and would be healthy..Put it simple..

Not working out 1300-1500 calories (weight loss more than 2lbs)
    Working out 1800-2000 calories (exactly 2lbs)

You working out everyday and eating 1290 a day is like your 100lbs..because at 100lbs with yours stats and exercising 7 days a week, it says you would eat 1313 calories a day to lose 2lbs...so your basically eating as if your 108lbs lighter an trying to lose weight..
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am eating more than 1290. Here is my chart. I'm just trying to hit my net calories goal by adding in exercise. I should be able to hit 1290 net calories with the extra walking I am doing (I am tracking that).

YmDoR4M.png

QQIbWM6.png