Question about being under weekly goal

Options
Right now, I am 1600 cal under my weekly goal. If I stay in my calorie allotment tomorrow, does that mean I have 1600 calories to use how I want on Saturday plus the calories Im allowed on saturday? (Im going to a birthday party at a bar...lol)

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you like. You don't have to feel compelled to use them, but if you want to, they're your calories to do as you please with.
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was confused lol
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's right.

Are you looking at the app? The number that says NET CALORIES UNDER WEEKLY GOAL includes all of the days calories for the days that haven't occurred yet plus any leftover calories from previous days this week.

Example: If your goal is 1500 calories per day, your week runs Sunday through Saturday, and your current Calories Under Weekly goal number is 3500, you have that many calories from now through Saturday. So you could eat 1500 on Friday and 1500 on Saturday and then split the other 500 any way you want between now and then.
  • shortntall1
    Options
    Ok, Im alloted 1600 calories and change a day (but I never eat that)..my diary is open..
  • shortntall1
    Options
    well..I do eat that sometimes..I shouldnt say never..Im loser on the weekends
  • shortntall1
    Options
    Oooops..yes, the app
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Right now, I am 1600 cal under my weekly goal. If I stay in my calorie allotment tomorrow, does that mean I have 1600 calories to use how I want on Saturday plus the calories Im allowed on saturday? (Im going to a birthday party at a bar...lol)

No. I would interpret it as including your calories alloted for tomorrow.
    If you subtract your normal daily calorie goal for each day of the week you have not entered food yet then you could see if there is any extra.
  • shortntall1
    Options
    ok! TY
  • segacs
    Options
    Ok, Im alloted 1600 calories and change a day (but I never eat that)..my diary is open..

Your diary isn't open, so I can't tell. But yes, make sure that you're really 1600 under, and that it's not counting unused days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Some people save them up for the weekend, some write them off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's 8am here and thus far I'm 3,743 calories under my weekly goal. But my week doesn't end till till midnight Saturday. So to get a true reading i'll have to wait til then.
  • segacs
    Options
    On the mobile app you can change the day that your week starts, so that it's showing the last 7 days.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    On the mobile app you can change the day that your week starts, so that it's showing the last 7 days.

Aaaah ok, thankyou.

I didn't even think to do that. I've only just got everything set up how i want it. I didn't want to change anything lol
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mine restarts every Saturday morning but,I usually don't use up my cals because my cheat day is Saturday I go over few hundred cals but, by the time I weigh in again. I prelog everything though to keep track of these things.
  • shortntall1
    Options
    It isn't open? Others can see it?
  • shortntall1
    Options
    OK it was friends only..fixed