Still learning about exercise burns and calorie goals

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
I'm not sure if I'm posing this question correctly, but I'll do my best. I worked out for 166 minutes for today and have been reading posts saying that MFP over estimates exercise burns. My calorie goal is 1420 and my menu for tonight brings my to 1426 for the day (gross, not net). I'm still learning and enjoying at the same time my fitness journey. As of today, I have lost 9 pounds (woot woot). I will weigh again in a week or so (starting weight 163 February 16th, this year). My close are getting loose quickly and I don't want to drop too fast. I also started lifting weights 1 hour 2x this week and will be doing my third tomorrow. My current stats are: 47 y/o, 5.5" tall, 154 cw. I am set to lose "Projected Weight Loss 0.5 lbs/week". I feel i'm losing more than this and I don't want to lose too fast just to get sick and put it back on anyway. Here is a screen shot of my exercise for today (no weights today, will do tomorrow). Also, my Net and Gross Calories. How many (if I should at all) of the exercise calories should I eat back, considering the overestimates for exercise on MFP? I hope this made sense, i'm still buzzed from my workouts today :smiley:
38inptongy15.jpeg
dj8ltnofbu4k.jpg
Thanks all for whom took the time to read this :smile:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Half to three quarters is always safe.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd probably cap it off at 2000 calories for the day. Either that or divide the exercise calories in half. Either way, you'd still be in a deficit.
  • uvi5
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I could have 470 more calories for the day? Wow, no wonder my clothes are falling off so fast. I knew I was losing a bit too quick. I used to be super active up until last year, but did not pay too much attention to how/why/what until I packed on 25 or 30 lbs (was not paying attention). I just ate and did not move a few months after I married ha ha. Back in the swing of things and Love the buzz from the workouts. But again, don't want to mess myself up. I so appreciate the input and will work on this. Hmmm now what to eat later on??? hmmm, kinda fun to think about, peanut butter whoa, hmmmm, big fruit plate????? I have not even had my dinner yet lol, I started too late today ha ha. I'm giddy. If I lost 2 lbs a month till I get to a size I love or even 4 lbs, that would be great, but much faster, no way. ok, happy babble over thanks Liftng4Lis!

• uvi5
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I could have 470 more calories for the day? Wow, no wonder my clothes are falling off so fast. I knew I was losing a bit too quick. I used to be super active up until last year, but did not pay too much attention to how/why/what until I packed on 25 or 30 lbs (was not paying attention). I just ate and did not move a few months after I married ha ha. Back in the swing of things and Love the buzz from the workouts. But again, don't want to mess myself up. I so appreciate the input and will work on this. Hmmm now what to eat later on??? hmmm, kinda fun to think about, peanut butter whoa, hmmmm, big fruit plate????? I have not even had my dinner yet lol, I started too late today ha ha. I'm giddy. If I lost 2 lbs a month till I get to a size I love or even 4 lbs, that would be great, but much faster, no way. ok, happy babble over thanks Liftng4Lis!

Hold the phone!!!! I can put more cheese on my sandwich! Yea!!!!! :smiley:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    That's the great ting about exercise calories. All the yummies to be had....
  • uvi5
    Options

Hold the phone!!!! I can put more cheese on my sandwich! Yea!!!!! :smiley:

And two Tbs mayo instead of one (leveled of course). One actual Tbs is really not much :neutral:

• uvi5
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    That's the great ting about exercise calories. All the yummies to be had....

Oh and I so love food! But I love exercise as well, the endorphin rush is to die for :smiley:
  • uvi5
    Options
    Thanks again, meals gonna taste extra yummers tonight! Happy Dancing (more calories burned lol)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^

OP your excitement is contagious! :+1:
  • uvi5
    Options
    Still got my cucumber, tofu salad, but that is way too much to go with this beautiful monster! Took a while to put together, weighing, measuring and all, but the result..... Gotta attack this beast now!
    lpy42tjkfij4.jpg
  • uvi5
    Options
    ^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^

OP your excitement is contagious! :+1:

Food is fun and yummy :smiley: Even better that I worked for it woot woot!