Lost 8 pounds in one week?

Options
So I just revamped my diet and exercise. I had gained 10 pounds since going on my new birth control in January, and last week made the commitment to losing weight through exercise and diet. I eat around 1200-1400 a day(I weigh and measure ALL my food) and have been exercising 30-60 minutes every day(including circuit training, strength training, and power yoga). My question is, is this normal or okay? I mean not that I'm complaining it just seems like a lot all at once. Also, how important are rest days? I would like to just exercise daily, even though I'm sore all the time.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's normal in the first week or two as you lose a lot of water weight. As for rest days, they help to repair your body so you don't overtrain and/or burn out. If you want to do something on those days, maybe some light yoga or a walk.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Normal water loss. Way to go!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Deleted
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    They say the pounds you gained the most recent are the easiest to lose. You should be ok.

??
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Options
    That's what I've heard. Of course I'm probably wrong.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Mostly water weight..
  • Diana_GettingFit
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's just something I've heard over the years. Forget I wrote it. It kind of made sense to me at the time. I guess I was wrong.
  • lynnotts
    lynnotts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to apologize to Dave for others making him fell his comment was nonsence. Everyone should feel comfortable to leave a helpful comment with out the worry of criticism.