Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's 5000 calorie a day diet

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Who cares if he's on PED's what the big deal? Its his body and he's not breaking any records to hurt other peoples accomplishments I say live your life and do your best and he clearly is doing just that!! Even on PED's you have to work out extremely hard and eat a ton of food. I once heard a baseball player say even on steroids you still have to hit a ball moving at 100+ mph.

Reading comprehension? Did anyone pass judgement or say he doesn't work hard?

did someone just white knight the rock ..

would that be the "the peoples white knight"?????
    The Rock needs no white knight to LAYETH THE SMACK DOWN!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options

And you know this how? How do you know that he is on PED?

Come on, now...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    PED discussion aside, 5,000 a day sounds about right with his specs.

Oh and just because...

1397781765763.jpg

If the OP is freaked out about 5,000 calories...then what Shaq must eat really bake his noodles.

Barkley is such a goofy lookin' dude....
    Yeah, but he's funny to listen too.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    They call him the Rock, looks like a Rock and it's surprising he can eat that much? Well. Dudes veins have their own muscles.
    Btw, I am reading this thread having about a 1,000 calorie snack. Second meal of the day.

Can we start calling you "The Pebble"?
    Sure, you can call me "The Pebble". You can call me anything you want.

Just not late for dinner.

I don't like your positive attitude.

I actually LOL'ed at this.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Damn, you men have it so easy. I WISH I could eat even half that and maintain - I can get close when I'm in peak performance mode, but I'm so jealous!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Michael Phelps was consuming up to 10,000 calories a few years back. And he weighed like 165lb to 170lbs at the time.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Because he used them before and it's not common if someone regains about 30lbs and it doesn't happen to be fat.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This is basically my mentality towards it. How does a guy put on 30 lbs of muscle in a relatively short period of time and not gain any fat in the process?

And, I don't know how old he is, but he's been around long enough that I feel safe saying that he's older than the peak muscle building years.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You're joking, right? Look at pictures when he wrestled and now. No one is saying he doesn't work hard.. he busts his *kitten*. But 6'4, 260, all muscle... come on now.

Lets compare from when was on the road all the time vs now.
    Now he has the time to eat right, and to work out more than 4 hours a day? compared to when he was always traveling. He dosn't have an 8- 5 type of job. He always has 6 months off.
    I think he has more time to work out.
    Are you also suggesting that Hugh Jackman also take PED for the Xmen films. Compare Xmen or Xmen orgins vs The Wolverine

YES! I'm not judging him, though I still think the Rock and Jackman are awesome. But do you honestly believe they aren't taking exongenous drugs??? 6'4, 260lbs of muscle is WELL beyond the established limits of a natural. If you really think just eating right and working out more is what it takes, then I have a unicorn to sell you...

I'd be more surprised at actors who got jacked for a movie role did it without PEDs. Not saying doing it clean doesn't happen, just that it's less common than the other way.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    I've read articles which show his "typical" meal day while he was preparing for his role as Hercules. Any given one of his meals is not that terribly big; I quite often eat more. But I eat large meals twice per day; he eats the same large meal 6-7 times per day.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Michael Phelps was consuming up to 10,000 calories a few years back. And he weighed like 165lb to 170lbs at the time.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Tour de France cyclists burn on average 8000/day and they weigh anywhere between 110 lbs and 190 lbs.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Because he used them before and it's not common if someone regains about 30lbs and it doesn't happen to be fat.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This is basically my mentality towards it. How does a guy put on 30 lbs of muscle in a relatively short period of time and not gain any fat in the process?

And, I don't know how old he is, but he's been around long enough that I feel safe saying that he's older than the peak muscle building years.

He's 43.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You're joking, right? Look at pictures when he wrestled and now. No one is saying he doesn't work hard.. he busts his *kitten*. But 6'4, 260, all muscle... come on now.

Lets compare from when was on the road all the time vs now.
    Now he has the time to eat right, and to work out more than 4 hours a day? compared to when he was always traveling. He dosn't have an 8- 5 type of job. He always has 6 months off.
    I think he has more time to work out.
    Are you also suggesting that Hugh Jackman also take PED for the Xmen films. Compare Xmen or Xmen orgins vs The Wolverine

YES! I'm not judging him, though I still think the Rock and Jackman are awesome. But do you honestly believe they aren't taking exongenous drugs??? 6'4, 260lbs of muscle is WELL beyond the established limits of a natural. If you really think just eating right and working out more is what it takes, then I have a unicorn to sell you...

I'd be more surprised at actors who got jacked for a movie role did it without PEDs. Not saying doing it clean doesn't happen, just that it's less common than the other way.

Yep. Especially when the claims (which I'm always skeptical of in the first place, though) are putting on 30-40 pounds of muscle in 2-3 months. And they're completely shredded.

It must be all the flaxseed oil and horsemeat.*

* I don't really expect anyone to "get" the horsemeat comment. Maybe though. It's mainly to amuse myself and anyone that does know where it came from.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Hendrix7 wrote: »
    it's not unreasonable, he's well over 6ft tall and clearly holds a lot of muscle mass.

This ^^ He's a big guy.
    For you.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

EWJLang wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

He's 43.

Yeah...maybe if he were in his early 20s I could buy Doz Gainz, but I'm pretty sure your early 40s are not prime muscle building years.

Although...that was when I went from super-skinny to "healthy BMI but looking fat", so maybe they are prime bulking years!
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    HGH,,, juice,, take your pick
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »

Come on, now...
    Here's guy NOT on PED's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWaoKFi-CI

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »

Come on, now...
    Here's guy NOT on PED's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWaoKFi-CI

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'm sure he doesn't use any Myostatin blockers or whatever they are called.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    That dude burns a lot of calories sexin all his groupies, he doesn't count that as exercise.
    this is clearly the ONLY acceptable answer to sexplain the 5K calorie consumption.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    Oh man and all that cod.

I really like fish, but the thought of THAT much fish in a day makes me feel all ooky. Especially because it says COD every single time. What a boring fish to have to eat at every single meal of the day. COD COD COD. :s