Banting AKA LCHF

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I only skimmed your post (I've seen it all before) so here's a cut and paste response that does a nice job of summing up my disdain for Ornish et al. To The Vegetarian Evangelists

I think I've read just about all the 'experts' books-Ornish, McDougall, Furhman, Esselstyn (Sr and Jr), Campbell, Taubes, Sisson, Cordain, Wolf, Fallon, Atkins, Davis, Perlmutter, Mosley, Johnson, Verady and about 20 others....

From what I've gotten from them all is 1. they all push their way as the only way to eat, and if you don't follow their specific diet you will die a horrible and painful death, possibly while sprouting horns. 2. They all are trying to sell their name/books, including of course the 'must have' cookbooks. And surprise surprise, several of them also sell their own special line of supplements. And don't forget the 'must have' special dietary equipment, dvds etc etc etc. 3. They all spout off success stories, stats and studies. Which of course another 'expert' will refute vehemently and claim that if people eat that way they'll die a horrible and painful death....

Around and around we go!