is zip and one fitbits better then the flex, charge and surge?

Options
is zip and one fitbits better then the flex, charge and surge?

I was reading it better due to it not being on your arm its has a better reading then them.. I have the fitbit one and thinking about the fitbit surge but everyone is telling me that the fitbit one tracks better but NOT being on your arm.. can I get input from others on this..

thanks

Replies

• BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit one and upgraded to a charge hr about 1 month ago. The steps being tracked with the charge hr are pretty much the same as I had for the one.

• SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the surge because I use the GPS function when running so unless you'll use that I wouldn't bother with the surge, I believe the charge is the same as surge minus the GPS. I read putting the Fitbit on your least dominate arm could increase accuracy because this morning Id done 14 steps before Id even got out of bed!!!
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the One and my boss has the wristband model with HR monitor. Hers is less accurate. It counted about 400 steps while she was sleeping one day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    ZebsterBC wrote: »
    I have the One and my boss has the wristband model with HR monitor. Hers is less accurate. It counted about 400 steps while she was sleeping one day.

I've actually seen One users report a glitch like that as well. Some have had it sitting on their nightstand and woke up to 1000+ steps. So that actually isn't exclusive to wrist models.

I have the surge and at night, I might get 100 steps or so. This isn't from me rolling around or anything, but from the fact that I usually have to get up several times a night to see why my 10 month old is crying.

For me the accuracy of my Surge has been similar to the accuracy of my Zip. The flex I had was defective and wouldn't always count steps. I love the fact that the Surge has a "Walk" option that uses the bands GPS. This means that I can push my son's in the double stroller and still get credit for the actual distance I traveled (vs only partial credit which tends to happen when your pushing something).
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    If you want to get technical, the Zip and the One are probably more accurate since they don't have to filter out wrist movements. However, the end result is likely to be quite close, and most analyses I've seen of activity trackers have emphasized that it's not hitting exactly 10k steps that matters so much as being more active, so if one tracker said 9,600 and one said 10,100, you shouldn't lose sleep over a 500 step difference.