Recommendations for a new weighing scale

Options
Hello everyone! I am looking for a new weighing scale. Any recommendations? Also, are the scales that claim to measure body fat, muscle mass, etc . accurate and worth it? Any thoughts and tips will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Scales which measure your body fat aren't all that accurate, because hydration levels can completely change the results. You're better off buying a body fat caliper to measure that.

I would recommend anything from Salter.
  • mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet and got the Withings one from Bed Bath with a 20% off coupon. I don't know if the body fat measuring is accurate (I'm guessing not, it's off by as much as 10 pounds of body fat from day to day lol).

I can hook it to connect with MFP and also Trendweight. It is worth it's weight in gold! I fluctuate greatly from day to day in my weight. Unfortunately my mood fluctuated based on that number on the scale.

By hooking this with Trendweight (and Withings also has an acct that you can view trending numbers) I can see that I am actually in a downward trend, even if I gained 1 pound overnight. I no longer get demotivated when seeing a gain. Because my brain knows that weight can fluctuate greatly from day to day but it didn't matter.... it always messed with me lol