Losing 50+ pounds!

Options
Hey guys so I'm looking forward to this entire journey! And I'm looking for some motivational friends along the way. My goal is to try to eliminate sugars and white processed carbohydrates. I don't ingest that much sodium but I will try to limit my sodium intake as well. I'm cutting out sweetened beverages (artificial as well) I'm trying to drink more water (10 glasses a day) and exercise for at least an hour everyday (it doesn't always have to be high intensity as long as I'm active). Anyone is welcome to join!

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    fatfuvk wrote: »
    Hey guys so I'm looking forward to this entire journey! And I'm looking for some motivational friends along the way. My goal is to try to eliminate sugars and white processed carbohydrates. I don't ingest that much sodium but I will try to limit my sodium intake as well. I'm cutting out sweetened beverages (artificial as well) I'm trying to drink more water (10 glasses a day) and exercise for at least an hour everyday (it doesn't always have to be high intensity as long as I'm active). Anyone is welcome to join!

That sounds like a good deal of healthy choices! Be careful though, blanket actions like "cutting out sugar" or "not eating white foods" is difficult to sustain throughout your life.

Best of luck and I can't wait to read your success story!
  • lisamadill
    lisamadill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I had 80 pounds to her to my goal weight and have lost 18 in 2 months - very committed to succeed and no excuses this time :)
  • Rebekkadorn
    Rebekkadorn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd second what crazyjerseygirl said. I've tried cutting things about before and I've never stuck to it. Instead I'm just insuring I eat healthy and stay within my calories and have lost 50lbs so far. Feel free to add me and we can support each other:)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Don't cut stuff out you'll crash and burn

Just follow your calorie defecit as set by MFP

Add half exercise calories

It works, no reason to complicate things (52lbs down)
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a food sensitivity/allergy there's no need to cut things out that you enjoy eating, just factor them into your calorie goals and you're good to go :)
  • tmtatum01
    tmtatum01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    eliminate sugars and white processed carbohydrates are my weakness too, i didn't realize I was a sugar addict until I started logging in all my food every day. My sugar chart was way over. I had no idea how much sugar was in the foods I eat every day