190 lbs to lose need support

Options
Hi, I am really overweight. Alot of emotional eating and poor diet and being a couch potato has lead me here. Started a low carb diet going good so far but it is really hard at times. Really need some friends and all the support I can get need to do this for me and to lower my Diabetic numbers, High Blood Pressure, and self-esteem.

Replies

• careyw1
    careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was once 280lbs and now 185lbs still trying to lose 30 more..any help I can give you let me know :)
  • keckk3
    keckk3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently started my journey too. I have about 120lbs to loose, so I know how it feels to have a lot to work towards. I started simple with just counting calories and being mindful of what I've been eating. I fall off the wagon from time to time, but who doesn't??. Feel free to add me!
  • WilloughbyR72
    WilloughbyR72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. A1c was 9, my bs was 310, my BP is 30-50 points above normal (Systolic), Obstructive Sleep Appnea, if you need some one to help walk this journey i am here.
  • DanicaPinkney
    Options
    Definitely having support from others and surrounding yourself with like minded people on the same journey as you will help tremendously! My family suffers from heart disease (my dads side) and diabetes (my moms side). And we have all been on a mission to fight both! I'm all about connecting so I sent you a friend request! I'm keeping my food Diary open so that I'm held accountable. I sent you a friend request
  • jennyly13
    jennyly13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen. I just stumbled upon this convo. I'm also in the need for some support and I'd love to support you too. I need to lose approx 90lbs. And that is for my standards. If I went by the doctors "chart" I'd have to lose 100lbs but I feel that is way too much. I am approaching my 40th birthday (this Monday the 13th) and I have never been this heavy. I swear I feel like I am hungry 24/7. My friends and co-workers don't really understand because they are all thin.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Even if you only lose half a pound a week, do not let that discourage you. That's still 26 pounds a year, and it probably took you a lot longer to gain that. But chances are you'll lose faster than that at first. Just keep sticking with it. Every little bit of exercise helps, too, such as walking in place or riding a stationary bike while watching television instead of just sitting there. Hoping for the best for you.
  • muffinkissesxxx
    Options
    Hello, please add me as a friend for support
  • mac21902
    mac21902 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me as well...need to lose about 100 lbs