Gained 50 lbs after emergency cholesectomy

Options
Considering I was at about 240 before surgery, that means I'm almost 300 lbs. I'm 5'8" so I carry it well, but it's still a lot of weight to be carrying around. I'm tired of being tired. Time to change it up. I'm going to be following an intermittent fasting regimen, and I'm looking for friends that are also following that sort of regimen. Friend me!

Replies

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    HI.. I also had a real emergency with a desiccated gall and a stone that blocked the duodenum, almost killed me..now I have a lovely "dome" hernia and a railroad track scar. BUT am finding a low carb diet, and eliminating all processed foods really makes a difference, losing weight easily (13 in 2 months) energy, satiety, real 'health' benefits

there are a few groups where you will feel welcome..see below. PLEASE let your mind be open to a LCHF diet…(low carb healthy fat) you may already know that a super 'low fat' diet actually stalls the liver from letting bile flow, causing sludge, and then a real stone problem and pain if you DO have any fat!. BUT a healthy diet that allows fats and the right food choices can make all the difference in the world to feel well, and lose weight.

friend me if you like and i can share more.

There are groups to join..one is "100+ pounds with no surgery" and another is "50+ pounds to lose" JUST SEARCH for these groups and join many who're active already. (they are not low carb, all sorts of diets here)

For many 'morbidly obese' by the charts with metabolic disease based on carb intolerance and sugar will find a group The Low Carber Daily and 2 "Keto" groups discuss diets that eliminate these, to find better satiety and quicker weight loss.

good luck..so many thousands of posts come in daily this one will be lost soon..so find a group.