Size 24 to a size 8 in less than 9 months!

Options
I went to Kmart and tried on a pair of jeans curious on what size I was. I fit into a size 8. I was able to get a size 6 bottoned and zipped, but I'm definitely not a 6. I was so excited and shocked to fit into a size 8. I didn't like any of the jeans they had at Kmart so went to Kohl's and tried on a few there all size 8 and brought my first pair of size 8 home since highschool.

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic! My goal size is a size 8, though I'm only doing it to see if I can. I'm not sure if I'll like my body then. Right now, I'm a 10-12.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • trenishabirtha
    trenishabirtha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's is awesome :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Doesn't it feel great to buy clothes in the regular size section? :D
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love it and I can find clothes on clearance now as well. Double bonus
  • lessofkimberly
    lessofkimberly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring I also started at size 24!
  • Krishhunt06
    Krishhunt06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did you lose it?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • kristenlarkin
    Options
    How did you lose it?

Low carb. I stay under 20g of carbs a day

• OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's awesome! I cannot wait to buy something off the rack instead of via mail order!
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Way to go!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good job, sister!!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome to single digits!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress.
  • kristenlarkin
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow thats inspiring! Must be an awesome feeling and you should be incredibly proud! Question: did you notice that the sizes went faster towards the end of your weight loss? I ask because I started at a size 20-22, and ive lost 33lbs so far and finalllly went down to a size 18. Just hoping theyll go down a little quicker now maybe. Anyways, best of luck to you and Congratulations!!!

They go down much quicker after size 16 or 18. I actually didn't even lose much weight on the scale when I went from my size 11 pants to the size 8. Maybe 5 pounds at most. It took about 20 pounds to go down in size from the higher sizes. I really wasn't expecting to get a size 8 on at all I was just curious on how close I was when I tried them on and to my surprise they fit. So then I tried a 6 out of curiousity and they zipped and buttoned but definitely did not fit so I'm guessing within the next 10 pounds I'll be in the 6
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good job! I can't wait until I am in a size 8 again.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options

They go down much quicker after size 16 or 18. I actually didn't even lose much weight on the scale when I went from my size 11 pants to the size 8. Maybe 5 pounds at most. It took about 20 pounds to go down in size from the higher sizes. I really wasn't expecting to get a size 8 on at all I was just curious on how close I was when I tried them on and to my surprise they fit. So then I tried a 6 out of curiousity and they zipped and buttoned but definitely did not fit so I'm guessing within the next 10 pounds I'll be in the 6
    Well that's exactly what i want to hear so thank you!!!! Enjoy your 8s! Thats wonderful!!! Youve done amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!