Plateau

So I've dropped from 160 to 145 pounds and I've been stuck on 145-150 lbs for months now. I can't manage to stop gaining weight. I am an endomorph (I don't know if I used that term right) and I am big boned (I can see my rib cage at 18-20 bf%. How can I lose 20 pounds without being so hungry and without craving so much? I'm limited to the gym due to school and having no money.

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Lose the next 20 the same way you lost the first 15. A sustained calorie deficit .
    If you are "so hungry" then you are either being overly aggressive with your deficit or eating empty calories. Aka high glycemic carbs.
    A serious reduction in high glycemic carbs will likely solve the cravings as well. But it takes some time to get weaned off them.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Open your diary.
  • sfkn123
    sfkn123 Posts: 17 Member
    Binge eat fruits and veggies.
  • Camo_xxx
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Open your diary.

Why do people always ask this ? Nobody can lose the next 20 pounds or even 1 pound any differently then you or I.
    It doesn't matter one tiny bit what is in his diary the fact remains the same. CICO, we already know by the fact that he is gaining weight and not losing weight that he is eating more calories then he thinks regardless of what he has or has not logged or how he logged it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    How old and how tall are you?
  • Camo_xxx
    malibu927 wrote: »

I am curious, What difference would it make ? Doesn't Cico work for all heights and ages ?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited April 2015
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Open your diary.

Why do people always ask this ? Nobody can lose the next 20 pounds or even 1 pound any differently then you or I.
    It doesn't matter one tiny bit what is in his diary the fact remains the same. CICO, we already know by the fact that he is gaining weight and not losing weight that he is eating more calories then he thinks regardless of what he has or has not logged or how he logged it.

Why?!? Gosh an 18YO male who weighs 145 pounds and wants to lose 20 pounds according to the post but his ticker says 15. Maybe a better question would be "How tall are you?" And. . . open your diary.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Open your diary.

Tells us if they're using a food scale and logging accurately. As you're aware, most of the time people aren't losing, it's because they're eating too much. Kinda lets them discover the answer to their questions all by themselves.
  • Camo_xxx
    Open your diary.

Tells us if they're using a food scale and logging accurately. As you're aware, most of the time people aren't losing, it's because they're eating too much. Kinda lets them discover the answer to their questions all by themselves.

The fact that they are gaining weight and not losing weight tells you right off the bat they are not accurately weighing and logging food and exercise. Other wise they wouldn't be gaining weight when they are trying to lose.
  • Camo_xxx
    MrM27 wrote: »

I am curious, What difference would it make ? Doesn't Cico work for all heights and ages ?

Because if he is 5'5" 150 lbs or he is 6'2" 150 lbs then it paints a clearer picture about what is going on with the OP instead of just giving random advice based on limited information.

See let's try this. The OP is 6'2" 150 lbs and 20% bf, what do you think he should do ?

I think he should read this and get educated on how all works, then he can decide for himself if he needs to lose, gain or maintain his weight.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

• Camo_xxx

Because if he is 5'5" 150 lbs or he is 6'2" 150 lbs then it paints a clearer picture about what is going on with the OP instead of just giving random advice based on limited information.

See let's try this. The OP is 6'2" 150 lbs and 20% bf, what do you think he should do ?

I think he should read this and get educated on how all works, then he can decide for himself if he needs to lose, gain or maintain his weight.

You're completely missing or ignoring the point. The OP was asked how tall he is. You asked why that would make a difference. I explained to you that it would assist in being able to give the OP advice that is more informed in relation to his current situation. The OP being one height or 9 inches taller would make a big difference on the topic at hand.

Your solution is to have him read a random link. Is that your solution? Just give generic advice without wanting to know the variables in the situation? Because if it is then you could easily not even post words, just post links because there is no thought process behind the advice.

Pretty sure I got the point and was the first to answer all the OPs questions.
    I do not see how knowing the OPS height or weight is going to answer the question he asks about hunger, cravings or how to lose 20 more pounds.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Open your diary.

I am always impressed by your logical, clear solutions and support for people. Keep up the good work, Lis.
  • Camo_xxx

You're completely missing or ignoring the point. The OP was asked how tall he is. You asked why that would make a difference. I explained to you that it would assist in being able to give the OP advice that is more informed in relation to his current situation. The OP being one height or 9 inches taller would make a big difference on the topic at hand.

Your solution is to have him read a random link. Is that your solution? Just give generic advice without wanting to know the variables in the situation? Because if it is then you could easily not even post words, just post links because there is no thought process behind the advice.

Pretty sure I got the point and was the first to answer all the OPs questions.
    I do not see how knowing the OPS height or weight is going to answer the question he asks about hunger, cravings or how to lose 20 more pounds.

You think the OP's weight is not relevant to how to lose 20 more pounds? Again, if he is 6'2" or 6' for that and currently weighs 150 lbs then giving him advice on how to lose 20 lbs would be like encouraging him to become under weight. He wants to get down to 130 lbs so pretty much anything over 5''5" would put him at under weight. It's very relevant.

No, the OP's weight is not relevant to the method of how to lose 20lbs or 1 lb, The method is the same.
    I seems to me you are focused on should they lose 20 pounds not how to lose 20 pounds.
  • alligator_blood
    alligator_blood Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 18.