Filling breakfasts

Options
gero76
gero76 Posts: 6 Member
hi
I'm the type of person that likes to eat within 30 mins of waking up
I find if I eat a good filling breakfast & I mean FILLING then it can keep me going for hours! If any1 has suggestions on nice filling breakie slow calorie I'd be most grateful

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Quest bar. 12 tablespoons of egg beaters, mixed with a laughing cow cheese, and a slice of bacon.
  • gero76
    gero76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Quest bar. 12 tablespoons of egg beaters, mixed with a laughing cow cheese, and a slice of bacon.

Hey thanks not sure what egg beaters are or how to cook this
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    corn and zucchini fritters with a poached or fried egg.... yum!! Just grate a zucchini, add to a bowl with 3/4 cup of corn kernels, and chopped spring onions. Mix in some ground rock salt and ground black pepper, then stir through two beaten eggs and some sriracha sauce. Fry in whatever you want to fry it in, rice bran oil spray, coconut oil, lite olive oil spray, or butter etc. Easy as, and low calorie depending on what you cook it in. This will make enough for two people.
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Try for more protein at breakfast. Eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, butter (not margarine), lean meats. Make sure you get the healthy fats in...olive oil or something similar. Add some carbs....and drink lots of water. I have lost 40 pounds just by doing this. Eat your big meal in the mornings...and lighter the rest of the day.
    The 40 pounds...lost since Jan 1. I didn't even get back on here till 2 weeks ago.
  • halencak3
    Options
    For me oatmeal fills me up and I can last until lunch time. If I eat eggs or yogurt or fruit, I'm hungry shortly after. I also eat my oatmeal plain, no added stuff (but that's for consuming less calories)
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you have any leftover rice how about a vegetable stir fry with rice and a scrambled egg.
    Leftover meat? Hash with a fried or poached egg on top.
    Old bread? French toast, of course.
    Sticks to your ribs even better if the rice is brown, the bread is whole grain or the hash & eggs are eaten with corn tortillas.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    whole grain English muffin topped with nut butter 2 whole eggs scrambled and 1 cup plain greek yogurt, very filling it comes out at around 450 cal. keeps me goin steady for hours
  • indigojade2003
    Options
    My favorite is a breakfast taco/burrito
    1 cup of veggies your choice - I use mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes
    Sautéed in a skillet with a little spray of olive oil cooking spray.
    Toast a whole wheat tortilla in the same pan after pushing veggies to the side.
    Remove tortilla and scramble 2 eggs in the pan mixing the veggies in with eggs.
    Serve over the tortilla and I like to add some hot sauce to it as well!
    Nom Nom Nom!!!
  • MarilynMadness
    MarilynMadness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Egg & cheese omelette with added spinach. I add a slice of bacon, too (keto). Keeps me very full until the early afternoon!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Van's Whole wheat waffles (2) with PB2 (powdered peanut butter that you mix up with water...hardly any fat), then press in cut up banana and drizzle with either honey or low fat syrup. Yummy!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My Smoothie:

1/2 cup 2% greek yogurt (plain)
    1 small banana
    1/2 cup berries
    1 tbsp soy protein isolate
    1/5 cup oats

I blend the top 4 ingredients together with an immersion blender (sometimes add some almond or cashew milk to the top to make it more liquidy with very few extra calories). Then I add the oats and stir them in. It's absolutely delicious...and packs only about 250-280 calories, with 20g of protein! It keeps me full for a surprisingly long time!
  • Annr
    Options
    ohh I use a Misto....its a bottle with a pump you can put olive oil in...and can spray it...for any eggs or saute'ing.
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, toast and fruit. Or greek yogurt, muesli (oats, chia, LSA etc - make my own so I know what's in it and cut out sugar) with milk. Those are my two breakfasts and usually keep me going till lunch.
  • Annr
    Options
    what is LSA? Curious. :-)
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    gero76 wrote: »
    hi
    I'm the type of person that likes to eat within 30 mins of waking up
    I find if I eat a good filling breakfast & I mean FILLING then it can keep me going for hours! If any1 has suggestions on nice filling breakie slow calorie I'd be most grateful
    Sachet of porridge, no milk and a banana. That fills me up in the morning!
  • momof2girls1402
    Options
    Oatmeal add a pat of "I can't believe it's not butter" w/strawberries and a banana. Yummy!!!!
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For me it's oatmeal with 1 tbsp. Each: Brown sugar, peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    For me it's oatmeal with 1 tbsp. Each: Brown sugar, peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips.
    Hey that was my idea. :p
    Just kidding but I like peanut butter oatmeal too and have wanted to add chocolate chips but don't buy 'em cuz I keep eating 'em all straight out of the bag. :'(
  • urgley
    urgley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like overnight oats: 100g oats, 2 tbsp chia, 2 tbsp ground flax, 250ml milk. Mix in tupperware, put it in the fridge, eat it in the morning with fruit and honey. Easy and filling. This is 3 breakfasts for me, but could serve 2 (or 1)!
  • Sam_LJackson
    Sam_LJackson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Two slices of bacon, one scrambled egg, greens (lettuce, spinach, whatevs) with a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar.