On optifast, my anniversary and my birthday this week

Options
hello every one,
I started Optifast 800 shakes 4 weeks ago. Today is my engagement anniversary, my birthday is also few days away. I want to take my husband on a date but I don't want to just set doing nothing. What ideas do you have to work this out? Ps I also have a 5 yr old child.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    What, specifically, is your question? If you want to take your husband on a date, you should do that! It's good to celebrate anniversaries.
  • mlashkar
    mlashkar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My question is that I think it wont be an exciting date in a fancy restaurant without sharing the meal with him. I should have my shake or 4 oz of lean protein and a cup of veggies. It would be odd. Any opinion?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Go have a nice meal with your husband. Try to pick something healthy from the menu, and fit it into your calorie goals if you can. If you can't, just enjoy your special night and don't worry about it too much. You can go back to counting calories tomorrow.

You won't get a lot of enthusiasm for Optifast here, I'm afraid. You really don't need to drink special shakes to lose weight, you just need to stay under your calorie goals and you can eat regular food. That being said, if you do prefer the shakes make sure you're logging them here so you know you're getting enough calories to feed your body properly.

Happy Anniversary, and I hope you have a wonderful night with your hubby!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    One day is less than 1% of the year. You should enjoy special occasions with family, not drink a shake and have vegetables.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How bout you bag the shake for the night and eat real food with your man?
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The world won't end if you skip the shakes for one day. Go enjoy a meal with your husband.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Give your man some tail. Best present ever.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Your relationship with your husband and having a wonderful night out is a whole lot more important.
    The world will not end if you replace your shake with real food. Nor is one meal going to undo all of your past work....
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Give you man some tail. Best present ever.

You, I like

Fixed my poor spelling. Please re-quote.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

What? How is that a "gift"? Does it happen so infrequently that you consider it a "gift"? If so, I feel sad for you.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

What? How is that a "gift"? Does it happen so infrequently that you consider it a "gift"? If so, I feel sad for you.

For me it happens every time I am willing to fork over 200 bucks.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I reckon men see it as a "gift" every time they get some :laugh: Be it once a week or 10 times!! :tongue:

• ncboiler89
    Options

I reckon men see it as a "gift" every time they get some :laugh: Be it once a week or 10 times!! :tongue:

Ten times in one week? Who has two grand to spend on the sexytime?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Some of us don't need to buy it :-p.
  • ncboiler89
    edited April 2015
    Options

Some of us don't need to buy it :-p.

So we have found the one person in the world that doesn't buy sex!!! What are the chances? I bow down before you.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, it's one night.

I eat cake for my anniversary. I draw the line at eating cake for everyone else's party. I choose small portions but eat the food at the celebrations of family members. I skip the cake at work.

Here's the deal, weight loss and maintaining are a lifetime thing. If at the end of the day you're on the verge of tears because you can't live your life and lose weight, well, then you're doing it wrong. Not celebrating major milestones because your trying to lose weight just doesn't work. Celebrate the big stuff, reel it in elsewhere.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Don't sweat it, it's one night.

I eat cake for my anniversary. I draw the line at eating cake for everyone else's party. I choose small portions but eat the food at the celebrations of family members. I skip the cake at work.

Here's the deal, weight loss and maintaining are a lifetime thing. If at the end of the day you're on the verge of tears because you can't live your life and lose weight, well, then you're doing it wrong. Not celebrating major milestones because your trying to lose weight just doesn't work. Celebrate the big stuff, reel it in elsewhere.

I'm not going to lie. This makes sense.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You celebrate you engagement anniversary?

I digress.

Why do a program that means you can't go to dinner to celebrate a milestone?