Upcoming event

Options
this is the first time I posted on the community. Matter of fact, I didn't know there was such thing. Well, anyway I need to loose as much weight as possible in 8 weeks. Now I know pplr say you need to eat a certain amt of calories. But I seriously need to loose like 5lbs a week. I hv cut my calories intake, i excersise daily for abt 45 min. And drinking tons of water. Just needing someone anyone out there telling me I can do this and accomplish this goal. I will be going to my husbands granddaughters grad and meeting a whole another side of the family i never met. I gained 65 lbs in matter of a yr. I loss a child and ate my way thru the grief. Problem is I am still grieving... So, I hv good days and some bad days. I really need to stay focused and see the difference in my weight.
Thanks for listening. If anyone in the same boat.... Maybe we can be each other's encouragement?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, five pounds a week will not be possible. Aim for two a week maximum, and be proud of yourself even if you only lose half of that.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound harsh but you should have started sooner.

You are not going to lose 40lbs in 8 weeks.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mskurski wrote: »
    this is the first time I posted on the community. Matter of fact, I didn't know there was such thing. Well, anyway I need to loose as much weight as possible in 8 weeks. Now I know pplr say you need to eat a certain amt of calories. But I seriously need to loose like 5lbs a week. I hv cut my calories intake, i excersise daily for abt 45 min. And drinking tons of water. Just needing someone anyone out there telling me I can do this and accomplish this goal. I will be going to my husbands granddaughters grad and meeting a whole another side of the family i never met. I gained 65 lbs in matter of a yr. I loss a child and ate my way thru the grief. Problem is I am still grieving... So, I hv good days and some bad days. I really need to stay focused and see the difference in my weight.
    Thanks for listening. If anyone in the same boat.... Maybe we can be each other's encouragement?

Set MFP to 2 pounds a week and eat that level of calories. You will lose a noticeable amount of weight in 8 weeks, even if you don't hit near your goal.

I'm sorry for your loss.

BTW it took me 5+ months to lose40 pounds
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but with only 45 pounds to lose, it's not going to happen.
  • LFFTommyboy2
    LFFTommyboy2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I have been through the same process. You shouldn't attempt to lose this much weight in so short a period of time. Congratulations on taking the first step with exercise and cutting calories. Go with barbecuesauce's suggestions and be proud of what you do accomplish.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry for your loss. It sounds like at this time you really need to spend some time grieving and taking care of yourself for a while. Exercise moderately, eat enough calories to meet your goal at a 2lb/week loss.
    If you try to starve yourself thin, you'll only end up looking sickly, tired, and haggard. Better to take good care of your body and meet your husband's side of the family looking vibrant and healthy, whatever your size!
  • mskurski
    mskurski Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback. I will work hard to get rid of what I can.