Excersice Replacement for High Profile (EX) Athletes

Been a high profile athlete for my whole life, currently a division 1 athlete, but leaving it behind at the end of this year. I'm looking for a new hobby to pickup to supplement the cardio I received from lacrosse training, but im not to thrilled with the simplicity of running or doing other types of general cardio training (Boring). Anyone have any experience with a similar problem and found a good substitute?

In peak training, a bod pod test I did showed i needed to eat 3,700 calories a day to replace what was lost during training ( purely to maintain current weight)

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Sorry, I have to ask... Does being "high profile" make your exercise needs different to the rest of the population?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I'm not sure what your question is. You're trying to compare how good you used to be with where you are now and you hate cardio?

Go lift.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Pretty sure he means that he was forced to be in better shape that most people, and had a lot of factors pushing on him to stay there. Now he needs a place to keep the adrenaline.

Trying martial arts - bjj, judo would be my recommendations.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    tbtb320 wrote: »
    Been a high profile athlete for my whole life, currently a division 1 athlete, but leaving it behind at the end of this year. I'm looking for a new hobby to pickup to supplement the cardio I received from lacrosse training, but im not to thrilled with the simplicity of running or doing other types of general cardio training (Boring). Anyone have any experience with a similar problem and found a good substitute?

In peak training, a bod pod test I did showed i needed to eat 3,700 calories a day to replace what was lost during training ( purely to maintain current weight)

Have you tried deadlifts?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Ultimate frisbee. Although personally myself, I rather kickbox.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Sounds like you like team sports ...why not keep playing lacrosse

Spin bike classes, or martial arts training

Definitely weights

• Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    I do triathlons ;)
  • tbtb320
    tbtb320 Posts: 5
    Pretty sure he means that he was forced to be in better shape that most people, and had a lot of factors pushing on him to stay there. Now he needs a place to keep the adrenaline.

Trying martial arts - bjj, judo would be my recommendations.

That's exactly what I meant, thanks! I'll take a look at them